Deflection

By Richard - 25/06/2012 03:03 - United States - Uxbridge

Today, I was talking with my wife of five years, and I gave her a few hints about wanting kids. After our talk, she looked at me completely serious and said, "Yeah yeah, kids are great and all, but can't we just get you a dog?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 484
You deserved it 6 198

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Didn't you talk to her about that matter before you married her?

Maybe adopt? She may just not want go thru labour.

Comments

This same type of think was in a comment thread on another FML about a week ago. Maybe she got ideas from that?

misskelskels 0

You would be hesitant too if you were the one delivering the baby!

perdix 29

I am appalled that it took five years into the marriage to bring up the subject! I'd always ask girls on the first date whether they liked dogs. How can you go on with someone if you don't know that?

dogs are way cuter and easier to handle maybe your not ready to take on the responsibility of having a baby!

FireFlie07 20

This is why you talk about kids prior to marriage.

I'm with the wife, get the dog and keep your disposable income

TheyCallMeDamien 17

Should've talked about that before you got married.

If after 5 years if marriage you have to drop hints over a topic as important as having children, then I don't hold much hope for your future together.

You two seem to have different lifegoals. probably about time to figure out where you are heading before you find out to late, that it just won't work togehter.