Deflection

By Richard - 25/06/2012 03:03 - United States - Uxbridge

Today, I was talking with my wife of five years, and I gave her a few hints about wanting kids. After our talk, she looked at me completely serious and said, "Yeah yeah, kids are great and all, but can't we just get you a dog?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 484
You deserved it 6 198

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Didn't you talk to her about that matter before you married her?

Maybe adopt? She may just not want go thru labour.

Comments

She might change her mind once her friends start popping em out. It'll be unintentional peer pressure.

She might.....but she probably won't. If she's anything like me, it'll make her less likely to change her mind

Having babies because of peer pressure is a TERRIBLE reason to have them!

cicpjaky 6

Tell her about the benefit of kids!! 1. They mow the grass for you 2. Do dishes and laundry 3. get you simple things like the tv remote across the room 4. last but not least drive you home when you're drunk :)

citymayer 7

I always drive my mom home when she's drunk! She praises me for being "the good one."

1. A Jose can mow your lawn for a lot cheaper than it would cost to raise a child. 2. That's what the wife is for. 3. That's what the wife is for. 4. A cab is cheaper than the cost of raising a child. Plus you have to wait 16 years or at least until they can reach the pedals.

SystemofaBlink41 27

18- so there's like a "uses for kids" manual out now?

noisebox 1

And cause you to go insane, or go from insane to sane.....

If you can't get human babies, accept her offer and become an animal breeder . Technically, you still get kids, and a lot of them.

Awe sorry, you just gotta show her how much you want them :)

If she doesn't want kids, then she doesn't want them. Maybe she'll change her mind later on, but you shouldn't push her unnecessarily since she's the one who has to carry them for nine months and go through labor

I logged onto the full site in attempt to fix this (I'm on the app). I was responding to a comment that got moderated. Somehow this ended up here. Sorry

charliewetsidege 2

get me a glass of water, cause im dying of FIRST! I know im not first but i really want to do that.

littlemsweirdo 12

This takes stupidity to a whole new level.

I'm thumbed you up just because I was taken aback by your totally random comment. Your randomness intrigues me

unknown_user5566 26

30- How was that comment random?

Aw give her some time she might change her mind :)

jojimugo 20

After five years? I doubt it.

SystemofaBlink41 27

38- you never know if she--- yeah....she won't...

38 they could have married young and the wife may only be in her early twenties. She could still change her mind.

unknown_user5566 26

As others have mentioned, one would hope that a discussion about kids would've happened prior to getting married. For many people a difference of opinion on that subject is a total deal-breaker. If she doesn't change her mind, and you continue to want kids, you have a tough decision ahead of you: leave your wife to try and start a new relationship with someone who wants kids, or stay with her and let your desire be unfulfilled. FYL and best of luck, OP. I don't envy your situation.

Get a cat.. Easier to potty train, four times as cute, and no college tuition =]

I would like for you to know, MY cat went to Harvard.

And your dogs? Still fighting crime? ;)

Trisha_aus 15

40- is your cat Professor Meowington?