By atetoeate - 27/08/2010 06:49 - United States

Today, while trying to give an immunization to a "special" 13-year-old, I got spit on, kicked, almost bitten, and had a chair thrown at me. When it was all over, I flinched when the patient tried to hug me. Her mom called me a "b*tch" and I later found out she wasn't a "special" child. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 332
You deserved it 3 812

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wow, what a brat. After it was all over, you should have called security or something.

bebz_fml 0

yeah well they just piss me off

Comments

3mi1y_ 16

lol... bratty kids make me LOL

bebz_fml 0

yeah well they just piss me off

maybe you should have threatened to kill them...

Wow. Obviously the kid gets it from his parents. If she called you a bitch right in front of him what else do you think goes on at home?

Everyone's special in their own way. :D Next time pinch the little brat--give him something to act up about.

You actually wanted to be a pediatrician?

I bet you like the thought of killing don't you 8?

Did anyone else notice that there was no space between "special." and FML?

Bubbelz 25

Sounds like forplay to me. Edging murder indeed :P

Bubbelz 25

21 Did you notice that it should be "special". instead of "special." ?

Schizomaniac 24

WHAT?!An actual comment?!From SKROAL?!?!

25, I'll blame that one on the common "typographical error" people always seem to blame their own incorrect spelling, wording, grammar, punctuation and whatever else. But last time I checked, I was sure the quotes were after the period... Perhaps they noticed and fixed it or I could be wrong.

sourgirl101 28

Watch out blank! You did a good deed. (:

the op could be american, hence the period within the quotation marks. >< |the kid|

skroal!!!!!!!!!! I thought u were banned! ur back :) OP , it's okay, just one kid.

brightnite 0

Bite him back.....then call the mom a b!?ch.

Bubbelz, the quotation mark should be placed after the punctuation. The OP was correct before the FML staff "fixed" it.

FunnyWeasel 7

OP couldn't you have said retarded?

RedPillSucks 31

No. The kid could have been behaviorally or emotionally challenged, instead of mentally.

FunnyWeasel 7

oh...but that is what i could describe to the so-called special kid

Oscar_Wilde 0

In America we do stuff like "this." The reason we do it is because printing presses could easily damage periods/full stops, but not quotation marks, since the part was bigger. Seriously, I think it's stupid too. The British way makes more sense, and I am generally inclined to follow it, since I'm a computer programmer, and the American way is ambiguous sometimes.

25, the punctuation goes before the quotation marks

legonut6 0

I'm serious when I say YDI, because you should actually think about your career before you go through school and what not. it's your fault, so stop complaining, and also it's not that big of a deal either.

I'm late, but in American English the punctuation mark at the end of the sentence is supposed to go inside the quotations. Not that it matters.

Bubbelz 25

Ah well, thanks for the lesson in American English guys :) That's just not the (British) English we learn at school (in Europe).

parents need to teach their children proper manners. it's ****** ridiculous

Scififreak339 0

did everyone just forget this is FML? why the **** are we talking about puncuation? btw op you should have backhanded him lol jk my dads a pediatrician so I get these stories a lot

hellogoodbye1996 6

132 you're an idiot :) Anyway OP should have checked beforehand whether or not the kid was special. Aren't you supposed to know the patients that are coming in? Like with charts or something?

Sweej 1
fucMyLifeSoHard 18

#17- I'm pretty sure that if someone is a pediatrician, they wanted to be one, this isn't Cuba where you are assigned a job.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
redrovaa 0

I WOULD HAVE BEEN ******* FIRST >:O but just then my computer decided to lag. Sadface.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
amazinggbaby 2

Would an adult fight back? No because that would call for a lawsuit. You kids are stupid.

I agree with 48. He (or she) could not have fought back or they'd get in some serious shit. Shutup you stupid child.

10- It's idiots like you that make adults think all kids are stupid. Thanks for upholding the bad reputation people our age have...

I think #10 is a prime candidate for an ass-whipping. Kids have TOO much power in this country, and this is why they think they can act like little bad-asses. Consider yourself lucky that you don't live in the Caribbean, #10. Down there, if you act up, ANY adult can beat your ass. With an attitude like yours, 10, you'd catch a beating every other day.

morganrules123 10

I can't be a pediatrician because I would get lawsuits once a week. If that kid tried to hug me I wouldn't have flinched. I would have slapped his ass. lol.

Dear God 10 you are a waste of space. It's people like you that are the reason why most people hate us 13-15 year olds.

Rapt0rJesus 0

Typical, immature, 10 year old prick. America's pride.

Wow, what a brat. After it was all over, you should have called security or something.

TheyCallMeThumpe_fml 0

i woulda smacked that kid so hard ^.^ great restraint OP!!

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

OP most likely assumed the patient was special after being bitten, which is a reasonable assumption if you're being attacked by a thirteen year old. Four year olds fight violently against shot? Not special. Thirteen year fights violently enough to throw a chair at someone and bite them? Most likely special. By the time you're thirteen, it IS unreasonable for you to commit assault, for any reason. If the mother wasn't aghast, the only logical explanation is that he's special, so he doesn't know better, right? right.

Umm, no, it's not OP's fault, they didn't screw up anything. It us very possible that the child has a very severe needle phobia, but at 13, that's no excuse. They should be better behaved at that age, and that is why OP assumed the child was "special."