By atetoeate - 27/08/2010 06:49 - United States

Today, while trying to give an immunization to a "special" 13-year-old, I got spit on, kicked, almost bitten, and had a chair thrown at me. When it was all over, I flinched when the patient tried to hug me. Her mom called me a "b*tch" and I later found out she wasn't a "special" child. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 334
You deserved it 3 812

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wow, what a brat. After it was all over, you should have called security or something.

bebz_fml 0

yeah well they just piss me off

Comments

Unless you referred to her child as "special" to her face when he/she wasn't, I can't possibly imagine what reason the mother would have to be mad at you. After all, you put up with her kid's behaviour - if he/she wasn't "special" and still behaved that way, that woman must've done something wrong bringing up her kids...

Brelywi 15

Since when is there an "a" in Pediatrics?

Since it was spelt the British way. You know, a quick Google search, or reading some other comments would've already answered this question for you.

FarscapeSDC 9

This is why I plan to work in A&E (The E.R for American readers) when I graduate med school, all my patients will be too injured to resist. (This was a joke. Please do not troll about how I will be an awful doctor)

YDI if it even happened! You work in pediatrics but can't even spell it...

FMLjesslife 0

I love how you spelt pediatrics wrong and you work in that unit.

Can no one read anymore? Paediatrics, caesium, aeroplane are some examples of words that are spelt with the ae in (some) English speaking countries that aren't the USA. Haemoglobin used to as well, but I think that one got the a removed.

kaitlinmmaxwell 0

You deserved it. You can't even spell the field of study you're in. Loser.

doglover100 28

Am I the only one that noticed that the OP said her mom, and he wasn't? Saying that the patient is a boy and a girl?

_awwhellnaw_ 45

Nope, they use female pronouns throughout.

The_Honey_Badger 17

Soo...YOU'RE a bitch because her son is undisciplined? Yep. Makes sense.