Just a dream

By Anonymous - 06/02/2020 01:00 - Canada - Toronto

Today, at midnight, I heard my son calling for his mom. I stopped by his room and asked him what was wrong? He didn't tell me. Instead, he said: "Oh, I don't need you." FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 864
You deserved it 213

Same thing different taste

Top comments

kathryn13 17

I know that it sucks to hear something like that, but sometimes kids are picky about who they talk to/ need for certain things. I know growing up, and also even now, that there were moments when I needed my mom instead of my dad. Try not to take it too hard, he will need you many times in the future!

Imma be honest. I thought this was going in an entirely different direction.

Comments

Imma be honest. I thought this was going in an entirely different direction.

kathryn13 17

I know that it sucks to hear something like that, but sometimes kids are picky about who they talk to/ need for certain things. I know growing up, and also even now, that there were moments when I needed my mom instead of my dad. Try not to take it too hard, he will need you many times in the future!

J15237 25

This probably a bad question, but how old is your son?

lifeis4me 20

I thought the kicker would be that you’re the step mom, but this went WAY different

rotflqtms_ 21

Maybe he didn't feel that you'd comfort him if he had a nightmare, or that you'd tell him to toughen up. Sometimes dads don't give a gentle touch and when they're scared, they want that over tough love. I could be all wrong, but you are two different people with different ways of handling different situations. Maybe he just doesn't like how you do it. On the plus side...at least you won't have to get up at midnight to comfort him.

This is a good opportunity to teach him that you're just as approachable and willing to help. He must learn that his mother can't be available for him all the time.

I know that sucks but soon there will be a time where he'll need you and not his mommy.