By JCC - 18/05/2011 10:57 - United States

Today, I was babysitting a three-year-old. She asked me what was wrong with my belly. I had to explain to her that I'm just fat. Twice. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 472
You deserved it 13 061

Same thing different taste

Top comments

iAmScrubs 19

Tell the toddler you are Santa. You will get sooo much respect.

Comments

iAmScrubs 19

Tell the toddler you are Santa. You will get sooo much respect.

i hate when "fat" people complain, stop eating like a pig, go to the gym and you wont be fat. this shouldnt be something you force yourself to do it should be a damn lifestyle.

It is their fault that they are the way they are. If your not happy with your body then do something about it and quit complaining

lol stop complaining, work out more and eat less

Some people can't help it... it's just the way their body was built. Of course, it's not going to get better by sitting there complaining, so OP better be ready to hit the gym.

enonymous 8

Hey if I want to sit here with my Funions dipped in ranch dressing and cut myself for being this way followed by crying myself to sleep then let me. This America! AMERICA **** Yeah!!

PurpleRae420 0

Yah i agree workout and eat better and that muffin top will be gone in no time

Blake4477 0

I'm not giving any excuses for being fat, but there are health issues that can cause you to gain quite a bit of weight. I'm a size 2 so I don't have to make crap up to make me feel better. And I might be wrong but I think one of the health issues is something to do with your thyroid, but again I could be wrong.((;

shakethat 10

thyroid problems can sometimes cause weight gain. however majority of obese people do not have that problem. a simple blood test can confirm it and then you get put on meds to control it if there is one.

wow way easier said than done. Most of the time it's a psychological issue due to addiction to food. If it was as easy as you all said everyone would be skinny, you guys don't know half the shit we bigger people feel. It's fun to hate yourself while everyone is like just go to the gym. I haven't eaten fast food in years, walk every day gym 4 times a week and haven't lost a pound. I finally accepted my body and stopped going to the mirror and hating everything about me because I realised I'm just going to be big forever. I'm glad I can love myself but assholes like all of you above make other more impressional people feel like shit

angellovesjake17 0

It could be genetic. for example; my mom is skinny, my dad is fat, I get my genes from my mom because I'm extremely skinny for my age and I eat pizza rolls like a mofo. I get that from my mom. it could run in the family so it's not OP's fault.

bribri360 0

44 is right. my mom and grandma have thyroid problems and they both work out daily. and my mom is a vegan. so it's not always the person's fault

ReynshineCutting 10

Exactly this! It's not always just a "stop eating and exercise" thing. There's a psychological aspect to it all that most people don't realize. Even then, if you can fight the psychological part, diet and exercise still don't always work. Some people can lose a certain amount and then no matter what they do they just plateau there. That's how it's been with me. I lost 25 lbs and can't lose any more. No matter how much I work out, no matter what I eat (and I'm not starving myself because that doesn't do anything but kill your metabolism), I'm just stuck where I'm at. There was a story recently about a specific gene that's linked to obesity. They don't know a ton about it yet but they do know that it can make it very hard to lose weight/maintain a healthy weight, and it predisposes you to high cholesterol and type 2 diabetes.

imacreeper 3

okay, where in this FML do you get a fat person complaining about their weight? OP wasn't even complaining.

Gallaghers 0

You got pretty defensive there bud, it sounds like they may be getting to you as well? Anyway, while it is true there are a few conditions that a person may have that can hinder weight loss, there is no disease or gene out there that says your going to be fat even if you only eat a carrot sticks. If your routine isn't working for you, you need to speak to a dietician, psychologist and personal trainer to come up with a routine specifically for you, EVERYONE has the ability to be healthy and lean, yes it may be harder for some more then others but if you don't believe that and blame it on science or genetics that your going to be tubby forever then your just in denial.

emariebake 0

because we are all wealthy enough to have a dietician, psychologist and personal trainer.

emariebake 0

as a matter of fact, a lot of people aren't eating right because they can't afford to.

imacreeper 3

65, I did get offensive because where in this FML do you see a fat person complaining? that's the only reason why I got offended "BUD" so let me stop you before you run into conclusions.

actually it's eat more but in less portions. in reality guy with HUGE ASS GUNS eat like 6x more than fat people

eating healthy and following simple rules such as eating 5 small meals a day, getting lots of fruits/vegetables/ getting enough carbs/proteins and fat, not eating atleast 2 hours before sleeping can help maintain your weight, you need to do some serious cardio to burn the extra fat. people dont workout hard enough and come up with random crap to make themseleves feel better. if you eat healthy and exercise, your body will change, it has and it will.

I wished, prayed, cried and hoped with all my heart since I was a kid that it was as simple as you all are saying. Basically you need to mind your business and not judge others for their body weight. Because believe me, most of us want and try so hard for you all to sit back and call us lazy and disgusting.

omg for the last time, besides a small number of people that actaully have a problem with wight, the rest are all overweight because they cant stop eating junk and do workout hard enough. " iam an emotional eater is not psychological problem" you can easily have fruits instead chocolate,chips or anything else. get off your ass, stop being lazy and you will get that solid six pack in no time ;)

and again 86 it's not that ******* simple. if it was then there would be no fat people. Do you not understand the pressure fat people feel to be thin? I'm sure many would give their lung just to be thin. it's just not that simple as eating apples instead of candy, look at the evidence.

i hate when blondes TRY to make clever comments

53, u like a BAWS. thats like story of mai LIFEE

92 i havent met one person in 19 years of my life that ate healthy and exercised and was still fat. i am science student and when someone does all the right things your body HAS to change. im not trying to be disrespectful ( some of my comments seem like that) but i really find hard to believe that someone exercises/eats right and they still gain weight, even though i dont agree but if its true then thank god i dont have that problem.

ReynshineCutting 10

Let me tell you something. My fiance is a personal trainer. He kicks my butt in the gym 4 days a week. I've been with a program called Slimgenics that gets you eating real, healthy, balanced foods. I lost 25 lbs. And then nothing. For four months, nothing. I plateaued and we tried all sorts of things to break that plateau but nothing changed. I had blood tests done, and nothing. I completely changed up my workout routine, and nothing. There's absolutely no reason why I'm not losing any more weight, but I'm just not. My dad is the same way. He's been to dieticians, personal trainers, nutritionists, therapists, all of it. He can lose a certain amount and then his body just stops and he can't lose any more. His mother, same way. There is a genetic aspect to it all. Just because you're blessed with good genetics and it's easy for you, doesn't mean it is for everyone.

All y'all arguing over if being fat is OK. Here's the deal. Fat ain't healthy but this is a free country. If ya wanna be fit and exercise daily, you can. If you wanna sit back on your ass all day, eat greasy food and blow up like a balloon, who's gonna stop you? That don't mean people gotta think you're good looking. It don't make you healthy. But this is a free damn country, so y'all got the freedom to do whatever the **** you want. Merica.

kids... so innocent their insults only hurt more. ;)

iSitt 0

isnt this the age they keep asking Why? Why? Why? Why?

Well it seems like you're... *Puts on sunglasses* Really fat. YYYEEEEEAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!

there's a huge grammatical mistake in your bio btw. ;)

If you think a few comma splices and/or fragments is a huge grammatical mistake, I would really like to know how you have stayed on this website without killing yourself.

you didn't even use a lame pun you just said "really fat" wtf!

figured you would retort about comma splices or missing commas, but that's not it. :D I gotta beat on you about it since your bio says you will correct grammar. lemme know when you give up!

That was was one of those rare comments that make me want to kick a puppy just to escape the stupidness.

sourgirl101 28

Get in my belly....Chili's baby back ribs!....Bar-B-Q sauce (:

Eggers 2

ooooh..... Bar-B-Q Sauce! =3

livvyluvlaf 8

hahaha it doesn't matter the only one who will know about that is the toddler! wait no u posted it on FML. so now the whole world knows

mylifesucksserio 15

At least nothing's wrong with your tummy?