By thenewgirl29 - 05/02/2015 16:42 - Canada - Sherwood Park

Today, the guy I've been seeing for a few months told me he couldn't stay overnight because his mom would yell at him for not coming home. We're both 30 and I didn't know he still lived at home. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 558
You deserved it 4 218

Same thing different taste

Top comments

The yelling is an excuse. He actually needs to be tucked into bed with his favorite teddy bear and read a bedtime story by mom.

There's a reason he was single when you met him apparently :p

Comments

Sounds like you need to start dating men and not boys...

Well it sucks you didn't know but I've known people that old who lived at home for perfectly valid reasons ranging from carrying for a terminally ill parent to saving to buy a house with a large cash deposit.

Exactly. I'm 21 and live with my mum because the job market is hard at the moment and it's the cheapest option. She doesn't mind me living at home, but she lets me live my own life, I can come and go as I like and have my partner come over or goes to his place. It's all about if they're treated as an adult or not and how much they object to being treated as a teenager.

I think the FML is more directed at the fact he was worried about being yelled at by his mother for staying out even though he is an adult... Not as much that he lives at home. That's what I got out of it anyway.

As someone who by social standards is deemed "too old" to live at home (early 20s), I feel sorry for OP but can relate, there are things I don't do especially involving dating because my parents would go ballistic and I don't feel like getting yelled at for something so dumb. Yes 30 is a bit old but we don't know the situation, maybe OP's boyfriend had to move back home? In any caae, some parents don't let you live your life no matter gow old you are as long as you live with them

"As long as you live under my roof, you will follow my rules and do as I say!". I heard that plenty when I was still living at home. I kinda feel for you OP, but I feel worse for the guy you're dating if his parents, or his mother at least, still treats him like a child at 30, though it's tough to judge the situation without knowing all of the factors.

Is this an All That Pierre in Bathtub related comment? if so, I'm happy. However, if it's not, I feel stupid. But thank you for making me laugh regardless.

Well you've been dating him for a couple months so he can't be that bad!

Axel5238 29

Lots of jobs full time don't come close now to cover everything. Though, I can understand him being embarrassed if he didn't have his own place, but why hide it? The fact the he hid it for months after seeing you and didn't mention it is odd especially if there is a perfectly good reason.