By Anonymous - 23/10/2010 16:01 - United States

Today, my parents told me about how they met. I'd already known they were eight years apart, but I never knew my dad started dating my mom when he was 21 and she was 13. FML
I agree, your life sucks 57 693
You deserved it 4 106

Same thing different taste

Top comments

lexie206 0

wow. I guess age really didn't matter to them..

That's... wow. The fact that they actually stayed together up until now is a miracle in itself.

Comments

MyFirstKiss 0
trajakdan 0
theman777 0

Your dad was a creep and your mom was a desperate *****!

umm #23 a 21 year old dating a 13 year old is called statutory Rape and is illegal in all states. the guy could be arrested even it was mutual. that's why it was wrong. and you're sick for dating a 20 year old, if someone complains, your bf is going to jail. look it up, and date someone your own age.

DATING is RAPE now? ****. America is a weird place. Last time i checked in England you had to have intercourse for it to be illegal. /roll eyes

Ecascio - I'm fairly certain that 'dating' is not illegal, frowned upon probably. But you are saying that 'dating'='sex', which isn't true. If an adult has 'sex' with a minor then yes, that is illegal.

Con3030 0

ok seriously no offense but your dad must have been a loser in life

I'm sorry OP...that sucks...........I wonder how that happened though

Knuffel_Master 0

Psh, sure your dad's a pedo, but i got you beat. My parents are 16 years apart. That's equivalent to a high schooler dating a newborn baby.

after a few years it doesn't matter but before that its wrong especially if they're having sex....13 year olds don't have the mental stability to handle such things

I dated a 19 year old guy when I was 13. Now that I'm older (much older, I might add), I recognize the truth about that relationship: 1) He was severely emotionally immature. Women is own age scared him; he couldn't relate to them so he sought solice in someone his own emotional age: a middle schooler. Of course, I didn't realize that was the case. I just thought I attracted a 19 year old because I was the hottest 13 year old ever. 2) I needed attention from older men because of "father issues". And, I was just looking to deliver an extreme shock to my parents. It worked. Fortunately, no long term damage came from the relationship. Eventually, I figured out that it was creepy he was interested in me and broke it off with him. A couple years later, I started dating (again), but chose guys much closer to my own age. In looking back, it's scary how delusional I was about the reality of the situation and easily I engaged in such unhealthy behavior. That kind of age difference between a couple, when one is still basically pubescent, is just not right.