By Anonymous - 30/10/2010 05:07 - New Zealand

Today, my daughter came up to me crying. When I asked her what was wrong, she told me that she had a fight with her imaginary boyfriend. She's 16. I raised this child. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 802
You deserved it 12 120

Same thing different taste

Top comments

perdix 29

Tell her that her imaginary brother punched her imaginary boyfriend in the nuts for being such a dick to her, and that he is ready to apologize to her, even though he is not able to give her imaginary make-up sex until the swelling in his imaginary testicles goes down. It's good to have an imaginary brother who'll fight for her -- it might protect her virtuaginity.

spikey818 9

tell her to imagine a better boyfriend

Comments

Maybe her imaginary boyfriend is real, she just don't want to admit it. That or your daughter has some serious issues, which is not your fault.

Maybe she only told you her boyfriend was imaginary because she thought you'd complain if she admitted to having a real one? Or maybe she made up an excuse because she didn't want to admit the real reason she was crying to you? Or she was being deadly serious and really does have an imaginary boyfriend... Which could either be a 'phase' or a refusal to grow up or something else...

firefighterazz 0

Hm... We have a bee amongst us... Who has the bug spray? :P

Sinkhole 26

I have bug spray Cinn, but I don't have much left and I need it for a cockroach I've seen roaming around other FMLs. Ah, nevermind, this bee is more annoying, you can have the bug spray :)

candiwrinkle101 0

Seriously? I feel sorry for the both of you. A mother who would embarrass her daughter this way and a daughter who is sheltered from the world....sad sad sad!

Maybe you should get her to see someone. I mean, it's one thing to have imaginary friends. Fine, I get that. However, being upset because of those imaginary friends? Might be an issue.

I consider myself to be tap dancing on the line between 'strange' and 'needs to be put in a psych ward' and even I don't have an imaginary boyfriend.

Ok, two things OP: 1) Your daughter sounds like she desparately needs one of those special jackets that'll make her hug herself. 2) You need to seriously consider never having any more children...EVER.

You're a bad parent. Not because of how she acts, but because of how you reacted.