By Andrexwife - 31/07/2009 07:03 - United Kingdom

Today, it's my first wedding anniversary, or Paper anniversary. I got him airline tickets for an expensive weekend break for two in Berlin. He got me a toilet roll. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 356
You deserved it 5 006

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Might suck a bit, yeah, but you're going to Berlin anyway, so whatever. You expect tickets from him too or something?

Comments

katsoplat 0
katsoplat 0

YDI for having lots of poop leftover in your butt

You're a dumb ****. Berlin is actually a very beautiful place, and I'm sorry but not all Germans were Nazi's. In fact a lot of them were assumed Jews because they weren't to of standards of the Arian race (blonde hair, blue eyes). The whole 'once a Nazi, always a Nazi' thing is pretty much pathetic. C'mon, all the old people who were once part of the political party will be no doubt very old or not alive at all and I can guarantee you there's only a few small-minded dickheads that follow Nazism. I think you need to be a little open minded yourself because you sir, are just as bad as them for still believing all this bullshit. Grow the hell up. ¬.¬

karo_mit_k 11

#49 Thanks. There really should be more people who aren't afraid to read a book or at least go to school to get some education. I'm German and I am NOT a Nazi. #48 If you really think every German is a Nazi just because he's German than your not better than any Nazi. They are as brainless as you are. Back to the subject... Maybe you get something else from your husband after he got the plane tickets from you. At least he didn't forget your first anniversary!

Don't be sorry not all Germans are Nazis!

'Not all' is an understatement. Most aren't. I doubt there are more nazi's in Germany than there are in England.

dr_house_MD 0

geez 49, stop feeding the troll

Rabbits 0

Fyl cuz ur hubby gave u a gift?

how exactly you jumped to the conclusion of recieving toilet paper as a gift somehow says that your only good to wipe his ass i will never know. not that it isnt a shitty present. haha. see what i did there? but anyways to the OP, no matter what he gives you it would have been pretty bad compared to what you gave him. try not to get something so good next time, makes for less disappointment for you, and less pressure for him. and maybe he forgot. maybe he just ran into the bathroom and grabbed the first thing he saw. or maybe its really nice expensive toilet paper made from silk from the butt of a rare silk bug long extinct. or maybe he forgot.

@55 I think he might have forgot their anniversary. Toilet paper might be a last ditch effort at a quick gift that can also be thought to have been planned out for humor.

kh2soldier 1

please don't feed the trolls. thank you and enjoy your visit.

49 thank you for that. saying all Germans are Nazis is like saying all Muslims are terrorists, or all Americans are fat, or all british people have shark horse beaver teeth (if you can imagine that XP). it's all just stupid intolerence and it pisses me off. THE TROLL HAS BEEN FED!

alicec123 0

59- I am from England and never heard of any Nazis living here. there are only a handful of Germans here anyway

107, I am pretty, 120% positive all Americans are fat. Dumbass.

My boyfriend's American & there isn't an ounce of fat on him..

#114- it's 120% obvious you have never been to The United States. Yes, America does have a higher obesity percentage than most countries, but it's people who make over generalized, stereotypical, non-factual statements they actually know nothing about who are the worst perpetrators of prejudice and discrimination.

Might suck a bit, yeah, but you're going to Berlin anyway, so whatever. You expect tickets from him too or something?

You're gift was a gift for both of you so don't be so upset. Tho i suppose his was too since I'm sure he wipes his ass too. But seriously....Its just a year. Thats a big deal for dating but not marraige.

22cute 17

It's a bigger deal for marriage! Who are you kidding? Op you deserve a nice gift too. Maybe he'll get you one on the trip. That would be fair. He probably thought you'd give a silly gift too.

What a jerk! Take one of your friends instead of him!

Who the hell celebrates a one year anniversary? Still I suppose that's an acheivement these days anyway.

My parents have celebrated each of their anniversaries since they got married. I don't know if they ever did it with themes like "paper" though...

shazmit 0

Traditionally, in the u.s. each anniversary was a theme. first year paper, second year cotton, etc. 50th is gold.

snavula 0

#40, just because you've never heard of it doesn't mean that your assumption is right. In fact, thats one of the most retarded things I've ever heard in a train-of-logic. Even if I think its stupid to get your hopes up on anniversaries by following lame ass themes, your explanation blew my mind as to how ignorant you can be to just make up random shit because 'you've never heard of that before' You should apply to google university, get a degree in some common sense.

Actually, there is a whole list, from 1-year anniversary (paper) to 60 or 80 (Yew? Some kind of wood), with a lot in between. It's traditional that on the anniversary, husband and wife give each other a present made from the material. This goes from cheap-ass paper to some nice stones, metals and diamonds. If you live to have 80 years of marriage, you were allowed to make a stupid pun.

how the hell do u even get to 80 years of marrage? get married when your 6?

married when 17 you could be 97! but that's a long ass time

Sukismama 2

a bunch of people have one year anniversary. making it through each year of marriage is an accomplishment dumbass.

Exactly. And you still have a trip to look forward to.

=O You're from St. Helens! Me too! Awww FYL, that really sucks. Demand a better present.

trulyinsane 0

look up the term: indian giver. you will feel stupid afterward.

I'm guessing he's not real enthusiastic about the whole anniversary thing. But at least you got each other presents you both can enjoy.

tell him to keep the toilet paper so he can wipe up his tears and semen(jacking off alone) on the trip when u refuse to have sex with him b/c of this (:

22cute 17

Lol yes, I really enjoy wiping my ass!! Who wouldn't love that. Weeeee!

Well you're married... so when you buy him a gift, not only is it also a gift for yourself, but it's half his money anyway. Keep being petty and see how many more anniversaries you make it to.

How do you know it's half his money? I'm definitely keeping my own savings when I get married. My mother has the joint account and her own money so she can do whatever she wants with it.

He must be telepathic coz u might need that roll for the trip! Look on the bright side, he probably feels awful. He'd definitely up his game next time :)

DuhthatsObvious 0

Maybe you don't wipe well enough.