By davav74 - 15/06/2012 23:31 - United Kingdom - Ely

Today, I visited my new doctor for the migraines I've been getting lately. Right from the start, I could have sworn the guy was on drugs. He just listened to my heartbeat, said, "Well Dave, it sounds like gallstones" and said they'll pass naturally. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 666
You deserved it 1 933

Same thing different taste

Top comments

KittyJay 3
me234 7

Comments

Wtf. Are you sure he was a certified doctor?

me234 7
rino1 2

Yes, I hope he didn't have to pay for that visit :/

Airman1988 9

Indeed we need Docbastards take on this

DocBastard works with trauma patients in a hospital, not with headaches in a doctors office.

22cute 17

You know there are different kinds of doctors and many forms of diagnosis. OM docs can diagnose quite a bit from the pulses. And there are gall bladder and liver conditions that would cause headaches in the early stages. Lots of things do.

Maybe, but you can definitely not hear gallstones with a stethoscope!!!! Op is right, something is impairing him and op should probably let someoe know.

KittyJay 3
Viciousstorms 7

Next time, this guy will probably listen to the "heartbeat" in his head and suggest a cast for his foot. Time to find a newer doctor OP.

Cmon OP, that's one of the first things they teach you in kindergarden

"hello everybody" Hi Doctor Nick! -Simpsons- Dr.Nick Riviera

Wait, Op's name is Dave? Those migraines are from ALVIN. I thought you knew that.

StephyCat 1

very ironic, because of your username and picture

lenalee96 22

Tell him the number one rule, 'Don't get high on your own supply.' in this case the pharmacy's supply.

Haha prescribed himself some medical marijuana. xD

I'm fairly confident that whatever he's on, it is *not* marijuana - medicinal or otherwise. Unless maybe its laced with some other substances...

Always look for a degree on one of the four walls.

Mine only 3.. Well... Never been there since I got a new doctor two years ago (:

crazyrunnergirl 7

Umm. Maybe you should find a new doctor?

Wow, you'd be better off Googling migraines.

FMLshark 12

Problem with Googling something as broad as "migraines" is you'll find anything ranging from "lack of sleep" to "brain tumors".

DKjazz 20

But at least you won't find gallstones.

I got this from everydayhealth.com "Practitioners of Eastern medicine see a clear connection between headaches and gallbladder problems. One study indicates that idea may be correct."

dominic1221 6

Wow, a whole one study? :O :O :O I'm guessing you're talking about the chi-based "medicine" which is basically cheap pseudo-science, always has been, probably always will be. But anyway, you can't diagnose gallstones by listening to someone's heart-beat.

the_anti_hipster 7

Did he tell you the prostate exam was free too? Thats what you get for going to a doctor who practices out of a painter's van advertising free candy and puppies...

angel_ann15 0

doctors in England are free! :)

55 - I doubt it. If you aren't paying for visits when you go to the doctor's office, then you're almost certainly paying for them when tax day comes around.

Doctors in Australia are free as well, so long as you pay 1% to Medicare from your earnings, which gets taken out automatically. And if you're on any kind of government benefit ie youth allowance, newstart or family tax benefit then pretty much EVERYTHING is free here :)

yanksby7 6

Only small amounts- not nearly what someone with insurance ends up paying for a hospital stay here in the US. But yeah...we don't want socialized medicine. Socialism is evil.

That's not quite how it works in Australia.

Haha! Case in point why we don't want unified healthcare in America! I suffered with gallstones for 3 years and they don't pass naturally! IF they do--it's easy for them to end up in another duct and then you are in real trouble!