Creepy nevertheless

By humdrummitydrum - 19/08/2014 20:46 - United States

Today, my new doctor gave me a breast exam and said everything was healthy, before adding "Well, I think so, anyway. I don't actually work here." As I freaked out, he laughed out loud, said he was just kidding, and that he should prescribe me a chill pill. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 209
You deserved it 6 668

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Buy him a rectal thermometer because he's an asshole.

Can I buy you a ball gag so you'll shut up?

Comments

Buy him a rectal thermometer because he's an asshole.

Buy him a reflex hammer because he doesn't think before he acts.

Buy him a band-aid because you will cut him.

Can I buy you a ball gag so you'll shut up?

revan546 24
cadillacgal79 32

27-shall I get the duct tape, rope and chair?

I'll bring the car battery and jumper cables.

AnOriginalName 19

It was all nice and kinky til 42 had to whip it out.

This thread got pretty kinky outta nowhere. You guys watch to much ****.

That's not assholeish at all Mate. He was (playing with her) -___-

Scaring a woman into thinking she has been sexually assaulted by a stranger is no joke

sweetnsourrr 11

I would have laughed, its no big deal.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
vixenfawkeys 5

How is this just getting negative votes?

because "breast" isn't spelled like "messed" so people don't get the joke. also because it wasn't THAT great.

coltonte3 5

I don't think you gave that your breast effort.

God damn there are so many over sensitive little kids on this app that don't know how to laugh at this

I would freak out too! That's not really a funny joke, since your brain (at first) doesn't have time to process that there's no way he could be serious.

God I found it hilarious... I mean yeah sure at first I would probably freak out too but I like to think I'd see the funny side of it as well.

I agree #60, it's most often easier to live on the lighter side of life than work yourself up over something harmless!

always look on the bright side of life ??

You should have said, "the ones up here are not real, but the package down there is", along with a creepy wink.

I will use this when and if I get a doctor for breast examinations that jokes around the same way.

That is completely unprofessional. I could see if you had known the doctor already but for it being someone you had just met that isn't funny.

I don't think it's that big of a deal, OP freaked out which is understandable and then the doctor said he was kidding. End of story, no one got hurt.

katydid91 31

Yeah, have to disagree with you. OP's reaction was entirely justified. I would be uncomfortable enough with a new doctor doing a breast exam. Then to have said doctor jokingly claim that they weren't an actual doctor, whom had just performed a breast exam on me. Then after hearing they were only joking and to "Take a chill pill", I'd be furious!

It was funny. I had to get a physical with a new doctor. Instead of asking me to disrobe and put on the gown, (trying to break the weird tension of the preceeding actions) he said "now we have to unwrap you like a present" (was near Christmas time). I didn't know how to react and it was akward doing the whole turn head cough. Only because I was trying to hold in the laughs and cough at the same time. To this day Its still one of the best doctor jokes I've heard.

The joke wouldn't have worked if they knew each other

See, all of these "Omg" reactions is why doctors usually don't make jokes at all! They're scared of getting reported or sued for stupid things. Personally I think it's hilarious! There was no harm here at all. And the fact that he said he should prescribe a chill pill isn't saying her reaction wasn't justified, it was making another joke. He was trying to lighten the mood in a not so fun situation. And if you don't appreciate the joke then just let it roll off your shoulders. It may not have been his best or most appropriate joke but at least he was trying which shows he cares and wants to make going to the doctor a more fun, mood lightening experience. No need to ruin it for others who like jokes and make him stop telling them altogether. No need to be "furious." Just let it roll off your shoulders as there was no harm done and he did it with good intentions.

pwnman 33

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

The joke wouldn't have worked if he had seen her before. Lighten up people

I have to admit that was mean, but it was pretty damn funny XD

He does have a good sense of humor, but I could see where you got upset.

katydid91 31

I would consider finding a new doctor. Those comments were highly inappropriate for a medical professional to say.