Headfucked

By Anonymous - 08/04/2020 17:00

Today, after two weeks of migraines, my doctor informed me that bowel movements are one my triggers. This means every time I shit, I will have a headache. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 875
You deserved it 105

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Marcella1016 31

So you’re saying that you didn’t see that connection on your own, but somehow you gave the doctor information that led them to draw that conclusion? “Doc...I keep getting these terrible migraines. For some reason, they start right after I take a shit. But for the life of me, I can’t figure out what’s causing them...”

Then hold it in! You'll avoid headaches and save on precious toilet paper.

Comments

Then hold it in! You'll avoid headaches and save on precious toilet paper.

Are you badly constipated or have to push hard trying to shit? That may actually be why. More fiber, take stool softeners too.

Marcella1016 31

So you’re saying that you didn’t see that connection on your own, but somehow you gave the doctor information that led them to draw that conclusion? “Doc...I keep getting these terrible migraines. For some reason, they start right after I take a shit. But for the life of me, I can’t figure out what’s causing them...”

icalledhisname 12

...I have suffered from migraines for years with no relief. None of my researching or doctors have ever mentioned this as a trigger. I spend hours and days researching regularly. Constipation and diarrhea can be a sign that a migraine is coming. But they don’t trigger it. If it IS a trigger for you, you should fix your diet because 1. Poor diet causes migraines in a lot of people and 2. If you’re straining, and that causes a headache, then fiber would help. It’s really more likely that a food or foods are your triggers, unhealthy poop and migraines are the outcome.

I have had migraines for years and would get several a week. This was never a possible trigger the doctor mentioned. I would agree that diet does come in to play. Specifically, a link between being magnesium deficient and migraines. I started taking both magnesium and Migra-eeze (by the company Life Extension) and now only get 1-2 migraines a month. I even came off the prescriptions my doctor had me on, and have been off of them for over a year now. Just a suggestion. Take it or leave it.

Are you sure it isn't lack of movements that you should be concerned about?