By Anonymous - 30/12/2013 17:20 - United States

Today, I tried to prove to my girlfriend how much I've matured and that our relationship comes before anything else in my life. So I went to delete my character in World of Warcraft. I tried to confirm it, but I couldn't, breaking down in tears instead. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 350
You deserved it 31 427

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It's always a hard life for us video gamers. I empathize OP.

**** that! You shouldn't have to delete anything you don't want to man! If she can't accept that you play WOW or any other video game, she doesn't love you for who you are. Live your life how you want to! Not how she thinks it should be lived

Comments

Yeah.. Deleting my toons wouldn't be easy either. My disc priest shall stay forever. Maybe your gf will play with you!

why would you even try to delete a Warcraft character. regardless the meaning they are worth way to much time and money to just delete the character. just deactivate your account

Bro, TBH instead of deleting it try to sell it. You can make good money from that.

Deleting a character in a bunch of zeros and ones doesn't prove maturity... Being there for her does.

Pft, if she wants you to delete your chars, find someone with common interests instead :P My boyfriend and I have been playing together for almost 3 years and met eachother in game ;)

claem 7

Why would she want you to delete a WoW account for your relationship? It's a healthy (if in moderation) and affordable hobby. If you're home playing WoW, you're not out drinking and doing other things. My gf and I play MMOs together all the time. It's quality time doing something together that we both enjoy. I've lost count of how many couples I've run into, where one of them started playing to spend time with their significant other and has grown to genuinely enjoy the game. My gf plays MUCH more often than I do. Sometimes I will ask her for time away the game to spend it with me. I would never ask her to to kill an account; it makes her happy and it's something she enjoys. So why would I want her to stop? Just because you enjoy a game every now and then, doesn't mean you're immature; it means you know how to relax. I am a 25 year-old gamer and will be a 50 and 75 year-old gamer.

beanthemouse 13

Well if your girlfriend expected you to stop playing the game she is a bitch. If she didn't, well you are sweet for trying, but don't let anyone change you. If they want to change you, they are not for you.

Do what my partner and I did, just let the subscription expire. It's much less painful as you know they'll still be there if you ever start playing again. Also, I like it when he plays games... It gives me much needed space and alone time when needed. Though, we also play together... That is how we met after all.

For the horde!!! And you don't need to completely give it up, we are gamers and most of us are down proud, never change ur self for somebody, but if u really care for her it's called balance my friend, and if she cares she'll understand