By lilmamma - 05/11/2010 17:29 - United States

Today, I took my four year old son to the playground. When it was time to go, he squirmed out of my arms back to the jungle gym. Not being the type of mother to put up with bad behavior, I swatted his rear and told him we had to go. That's when I realized I'd just spanked the wrong child who was wearing the same coat as my son. FML
I agree, your life sucks 17 139
You deserved it 50 382

Same thing different taste

Top comments

i bet that went done well with the Kids mother.....

Forever, you can't compare molestation and spanking. I was spanked as a child, and I'm not brainwashed or scarred. I have a 4 year old, and while I have not spanked her, once she is old enough to know right from wrong, I will if I need to. Corporal punishment will not land you in jail. Beating your child will. But spanking, no. And I like how you used both "their" and "there" incorrectly in the same sentence. That was amusing.

Comments

now if at work ur boss did this to u cause u missed a deadline or whatever it would be assult. why is it not assult to beat ur children?

riseofabreakings 0

I trip kids that piss me off, since Idon't actually hit them does that count as abuse?

all I'll say to the people that are saying spanking your kids is alright is think about when your child gets older and spankings don't work? when do you stop being physical? do you start using fists? I grew up in an abusive house hold and if you haven't been in the same situation then you don't know jack. you may be fine with getting the crap beat out of you but you really think your kids are going to be. think back to when you were a child. I highly doubt you didn't care when it was happening.

lol. why do I have the feeling your talking out of your ass? it's been proven that children who have been abused or harmed physically as children develop many problems later in life. think of all the problems people in the past have made and how recent generations are trying to correct these mistakes. i think you had a very sheltered life as a child.

true enough, but there's a difference between abuse and discipline. in this case, the mother wasn't being abusive. she was, however, being a dumbf*ck for hitting someone else's kid, and in that respect she deserves to be smacked herself. ah, but i digress. i ask this without sarcastic intention: if you don't mind my curiosity, what study was it that has proven your statement? in comparison, what was the typical result of children raised without the use of physical discipline? last i checked, my childhood friends and i all turned out fine. mind you, we were never abused, but we were raised where even our teachers would discipline us when (because we always did) would get unruly.

i agree with judas beej when ever you get hit you get angry same way if two adults were having a fight except a 4 year wouldn't dream to start a fight so they eventually end up resenting/ hating you this is when the pushing of boundaries start the guy who replied after him think about it before you swear and call names not all parents want to be resented by the child.

I never hit I turned out fine in fact I want to go in to the police. oohh I'm so unruly.

I feel sorry for the parents that have to resort to physical tactics to get their kids to listen to them. I'm 13, my parents never slapped me and I turned out just fine.

Erm I'm 15 my parents never slapped me I've turned out just fine too intact I want to be in the police ohh look I'm so unruly

CheshireHalli 19

Nerdface, as I explained in my earlier post, me and my friends were never truly hit and we're just fine. :)

and me and all my friends were all disciplined and we turned out great

atleast she isn't that guy that was on steve wilkos who goes around hugging random kids.

CRUZs_GURL1 0

AT HOME child: bi**h mom: time out darling child: shut up bi**h mom: time out dear child: NO!!! BI**H!!!*child runs away* *mom runs after him continuously saying "time out darling" then gives up* AT THE MARKET child: I want candy mom mom: no you'll spoil dinner child: shut up bi**h *everyone turns all wide eyed* *mother leaves in a hurry bright red faced to go home and time out the child which results in the first one*

ydi for being a tight ass bitch. if you parent like that your kid will hate you and denounce you as a relation when he turns 18.

CRUZs_GURL1 0

AT HOME child: bi**h mom: that's a badword you know we don't like badwords child: I know mommy sorry *child continues to play* AT THE MARKET child: I want candy mom mom: no you haven't had dinner you'll spoil you're appetite child: I want a candy now!!!BI**H mom: what did you say? *and in a whisper* you're going to behave because I say so now continue this behavior and you're going to get it at home *move away with a smile* AND JUST INCASE THERE ARE CAMARS "vas a ver en la casa cabron si sigues te voy a meter una chinga bien dada

and cue the over-protective desensitized north american white trash comments in 3....2.....1....