By lilmamma - 05/11/2010 17:29 - United States

Today, I took my four year old son to the playground. When it was time to go, he squirmed out of my arms back to the jungle gym. Not being the type of mother to put up with bad behavior, I swatted his rear and told him we had to go. That's when I realized I'd just spanked the wrong child who was wearing the same coat as my son. FML
I agree, your life sucks 17 139
You deserved it 50 382

Same thing different taste

Top comments

i bet that went done well with the Kids mother.....

Forever, you can't compare molestation and spanking. I was spanked as a child, and I'm not brainwashed or scarred. I have a 4 year old, and while I have not spanked her, once she is old enough to know right from wrong, I will if I need to. Corporal punishment will not land you in jail. Beating your child will. But spanking, no. And I like how you used both "their" and "there" incorrectly in the same sentence. That was amusing.

Comments

what a great job u did watching your child that u didn't realize there was another kid wearing the same coat. YDI

TheZarola 10

It's perfectly fine to swat your kid on the behind. It's not abusive or cruel. FYL, OP.

JonnyNoThumbs 0

You shouldn't physically discipline your kids in public.

SarahMarie83 0

Actually, if spanking is your chosen punishment, you should. Discipline needs to immediately follow the inappropriate behavior and be consistent in order to be effective.

i dont get it? You wer holding your child when he squirmed off so you must have watched him then but yet you smacked a different kid?? :S

Igor_g5 0

At least make sure you got the right kid before you abuse him.

um no i am a firm believer in beating your children people who say you shouldnt hit kids havent been around them for long enough! and the wrong little boy you hit prolly deserved it!

#65 Why does the little boy deserve it? He was probably thinking, "Dayumm bitch. I was just climbing up the stairs to go down the mother effing slide." The little boy should have kicked her in the shin; that would have been deserving.

People who are firm believers in beating children for every minor infraction shouldn't be raising them. I don't think spanking is wrong but hitting a kid every time he doesn't do exactly what you want isn't discipline. It's arbitrary punishment and the kid will not learn anything except hit when you're angry.

jocelyng_fml 0

spanking doesn't work for some children my sister and I never listened if spanked, yelling at a kid is the most that should be done.

I agree with 104 every rime you hit the child he's just going to be angry and resent you defiantly making the situation worse.

u completely deserve it spanking or hitting ur child in any way is wrong

Okay, and what do you do to a child who sets your house on fire? Or flushes your cellphone down the toilet? Sometimes yelling isn't enough cause a child will tone you out. Changing it up a little helps.

KBear3109 29

If your child sets your house on fire I think you're way beyond spanking...

mordhorst95 0

you should know how Ur child betr

janise 2

It amazes me that the OP was close enough to the little kid to have him in his/her arms and still didn't realize it was the wrong kid. How bad of a parent do you have to be to not be able to recognize your kid from another when he's an inch away from your face?

MuchDance90s 0

YDI for being overreactive and so out of touch with your child that you do not recognize him AND swat him at the first sign of misbehavior.