By lilmamma - 05/11/2010 17:29 - United States

Today, I took my four year old son to the playground. When it was time to go, he squirmed out of my arms back to the jungle gym. Not being the type of mother to put up with bad behavior, I swatted his rear and told him we had to go. That's when I realized I'd just spanked the wrong child who was wearing the same coat as my son. FML
I agree, your life sucks 17 139
You deserved it 50 382

Same thing different taste

Top comments

i bet that went done well with the Kids mother.....

Forever, you can't compare molestation and spanking. I was spanked as a child, and I'm not brainwashed or scarred. I have a 4 year old, and while I have not spanked her, once she is old enough to know right from wrong, I will if I need to. Corporal punishment will not land you in jail. Beating your child will. But spanking, no. And I like how you used both "their" and "there" incorrectly in the same sentence. That was amusing.

Comments

My goodness..it's spanking not beating I think there is a fine line between the two..and wait until you all have kids you will all be going crazy.

It's not even spanking! She 'swatted' him! There's a HUGE difference between those two, yet again! Geez.. has everyone gone loony??? This thing just makes me mad lol the ignorance is ridiculous on this site xD

I'm all teaching your kids good behavior but there are other ways to teach it without spanking them. Even though the kid had the same jacket how did u not realize he was not your kid??

It's not exactly difficult.. ever picked up the wrong piece of black clothing? The wrong cup? The wrong soap in the shower? Even the wrong toothbrush? We're not robots here -.-

CheshireHalli 19

...But a CHILD?! I'm sorry, I just find it hard to believe that a mother could confuse her child for another simply because he had the same coat.

tcj2010 5

ydi for using terms as "swatted his rear" that's kind of disturbing

mom of the year right there. child abuse and not recognizing your own child. did you also drive home with your child after drinking a quart of vodka? if anyone one ever touched my kid that way even if it was a woman they'd be knocked the hell out. obviously I'd get my son to look away while it was happening.

Pennygrim 0

All of you saying she is a bad mother needs to shut up. He who spares the rod, spoils the child. Its in the bible and stop being wussies that think a little spat on the butt actually hurts them. They cry cuz they are in trouble, not from the pain

CheshireHalli 19

People are more saying she's a bad mother because: A) it was a minor infraction... the child did nothing wrong B) she can't even recognize her own child.

oh great a bible quote because everything in it is true...

135, nice try but the Bible's more accurate that any history book you can find... and good luck with your kid. I hope he gives you & your wife hell. stick to your approach & get slapped around in the process. your 'words' won't mean a thing when he realizes he can do what he wants.

I just feel like we should leave religion out of this. It's besides the point. She resorted to violence over somthing natural. A little kid is at the park ofcouse he will want to play longer.

190, nope I don't :) sad how you people think. and in your eyes your existence is random, even more pathetic. but I digress... OP's a DUMBASS for grabbing the wrong kid. spankings are perfectly fine when done the right way. liberals need to grow a pair & stop letting your little brats tell you what time it is. kids cursing their parents out is absolutely ridiculous. the other day I saw this fat kid all of 12 years old slap the shit out of his mom. but NO! let's sit the kid down, give him a warning & all the other bullshit you read in parenting books regardless of the fact that there's no real method & those books are based off of 'educated guesses'. when she tried verbally reprimanding him, he told her to shut up & slapped her again. she deserved it for not giving proper punishment. I was spanked not beat. never once did I feel like I was being abused. I even got a hug after & they explained it was to make sure I can grow up to be something & not end up in jail, etc. you're the same people that say abortion is a woman's right but spanking her own kid for misbehavior is isn't. hypocrites.

I say good job for actually doing something to make your child listen so many stupid ******* people out there say oo my don't spank I say your child is the one ID like to spank when you are getting schooled by your 6 yr old to u I say bad parent!! teachin them it's ok to be disrespectful!!!

Your intelligence shows in your ability to spell and punctuate. (in case you are too dumb to realize, that was sarcasm)

being a civil human being is what your supposed to do. not be a savage because you don't get your way. people that can't handle children properly shouldn't be parents in the first place.

it's not being savage, it serves a purpose. If your kid listens to you then fine. but wait until you get a kid who pushes his boundaries and won't respond to reason. Will you give in and let him/her become a spoiled brat who is poorly socialized, or use a bit of physical redirection? All they need to do is feel it, it shouldn't ever, ever actually harm them.