By lilmamma - 05/11/2010 17:29 - United States

Today, I took my four year old son to the playground. When it was time to go, he squirmed out of my arms back to the jungle gym. Not being the type of mother to put up with bad behavior, I swatted his rear and told him we had to go. That's when I realized I'd just spanked the wrong child who was wearing the same coat as my son. FML
I agree, your life sucks 17 139
You deserved it 50 385

Same thing different taste

Top comments

i bet that went done well with the Kids mother.....

Forever, you can't compare molestation and spanking. I was spanked as a child, and I'm not brainwashed or scarred. I have a 4 year old, and while I have not spanked her, once she is old enough to know right from wrong, I will if I need to. Corporal punishment will not land you in jail. Beating your child will. But spanking, no. And I like how you used both "their" and "there" incorrectly in the same sentence. That was amusing.

Comments

First of all, it's your fault for spanking him in the first place. That's just wrong. And I'm pretty sure you mightve scarred that other kid, who's parents probably don't spank them, so way to go idiot. Just dont hit. It's grade school

that's what you get for hitting your kid

lynn0218 0

Oh please. Ya'll mean to tell me that your mom or dad never whooped your ass up and down the hall? She was gonna spank her sons bottom and shes a bad mom? Get over yourselves! Its not like she was beltin' the boy or smacking him around. If someone here feels the need to get all high and mighty then instead of insulting this poor woman for trying to discipline her child, go adopt a few less fortunate children who got the shit beat out of them for doing absolutely nothing wrong. Wait.. I'm sure most of you wont, so don't judge this woman for her parenting methods. I'm sure half of you aren't even parents.

Just because you don't have the courage to speak to your child doesn't give you the right to beat it. You are a pathetic excuse for a parent. Please give him up for adoption.

SantoryuuFelidae 1

you are all idiots. i'm a teenage girl, perfectly normal, smart, on the honor roll, considered fairly talented at art and music, good social life, etc. and i was shown a bit of physical discipline when i was little. NOT abuse or beatings, but definitely spanking. i suffer NO scars, and in fact, am pretty thankful for the way I was raised. NO i was not brainwashed or anything. Now, I'm certainly not saying that abuse is okay; that is a serious problem that must be stopped, but a swat or a spank is perfectly fine. i completely support physical discipline. c'mon, look at kids today. drinking, cussing, taking drugs, having wild sex, getting STDs, and much more, at very young ages. back in, let's say, roman times, a kid would have had their tongue cut out. you can bet those kids didn't talk back. the mom is fine for swatting her kid. swatting the wrong one was idiotic.

xdinoxgoesxrawr 0

your an awful mother. hitting your F O U R year old son in public just because he wanted to play a few more minutes? im suprised no one called child services on your ass. i would have.

get a f***king life you losers. spanking a child once is not abuse, i got beaten for every little thing i did wrong i was damned thankful if all i got was a single spank. my mother used to use belts and sticks on me to teach me a lesson. i am not scarred from it but would not wish it on anyone else. i have a kid now and i give her a spank every now and then when she gets really out of hand but nothing more. it is a-holes like u that are the reason so many kids r getting into gangs, shooting each other, doing drugs and raping people. grow a f***king set and stop whining that it will scar the child. it is hilarious to see so many people say she should lose her son for spanking him for not listening, yes it wasn't her child and that was a mistake, but think of this. most parents out there are buying call of duty and other extremely violent games including ones with rape and other depravity for kids under 12 years of age and that is fine yet kids r taught that if they get even spanked to run to the authorities because it is abuse, now tell me which one is actually bad for the kid? a swat that teaches them to listen or a game that teaches them killing stealing and raping r fun things that make u money?