Bully

By ninjawhat1337 - 25/05/2009 04:14 - United States

Today, I told my dad that I was going to sleep over my friend's house this weekend with a few other guys to play Dungeons and Dragons. He responded with, "Oh, back in my day, me and my pals used to pick on the kids who played Dungeons and Dragons." FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 676
You deserved it 57 239

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You dad was a douche as a kid. And clearly sees nothing wrong with it. But as long as he doesn't pick on you now, that's not really an FML.

Well, we all know the type of guy your old man is. Still, D&D is one of the more wholesome hobbies available to the young generation, enjoy yourself :D

Comments

orangecrsh16 0

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

today i found out my son plays d and d. fml

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

why u hatin d and d is a fun game Im a girl and I play it

Dungeons and Dragons is nerdy. But it is really fun and it's better than what most teens are doing ie. Drugs, partying, alcohol, sex.

Don't be judgemental. It is actually a very thought provoking game and way more intellectually and socially involved than video games, which most people these days play. I've been playing D&D with my parents since I was 4, and I turned out to be a well-rounded and highly socialized person.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

D&D is awesome as well as LARPing. Be proud; be strong. Your father is obviously an asshole who deserves to meet his end in the Tomb of Horrors :-)

Most people I know who play D&D don't dress up. It's usually just regular people chilling and wearing regular clothes while they enjoy a very normal and social form of entertainment. And there's nothing wrong with dressing up anyway.

You dad was a douche as a kid. And clearly sees nothing wrong with it. But as long as he doesn't pick on you now, that's not really an FML.

It's been way too long since I had a good game of D&D.

Well, we all know the type of guy your old man is. Still, D&D is one of the more wholesome hobbies available to the young generation, enjoy yourself :D

Haha, at least it connects generations, one way or the other.

Hahaha :D I have that sort of relationship with my parents too - I would never have been friends with them if we were the same age.

Mine is the opposite. When my mother heard about me playing, she said that it wa a game she used to play in college.

Where I live all the cool kids play d&d. I personally miss playing it, no one even knows what d&d is, not even that shitty movie ;_;.

I think this not a fml, but who cares what I think

I don't, asking who cares sounds like you're craving for attention

Vren 0

Yeah, D&D is awesome, and it has come a long way. Too bad your dad missed out on the fun!