By lilmamma - 05/11/2010 17:29 - United States

Today, I took my four year old son to the playground. When it was time to go, he squirmed out of my arms back to the jungle gym. Not being the type of mother to put up with bad behavior, I swatted his rear and told him we had to go. That's when I realized I'd just spanked the wrong child who was wearing the same coat as my son. FML
I agree, your life sucks 17 139
You deserved it 50 382

Same thing different taste

Top comments

i bet that went done well with the Kids mother.....

Forever, you can't compare molestation and spanking. I was spanked as a child, and I'm not brainwashed or scarred. I have a 4 year old, and while I have not spanked her, once she is old enough to know right from wrong, I will if I need to. Corporal punishment will not land you in jail. Beating your child will. But spanking, no. And I like how you used both "their" and "there" incorrectly in the same sentence. That was amusing.

Comments

iVereor 0

how awful. I bet you will be hearing from the police real soon

airforcebound 0

******* idiots for thinking that one quick swat on the butt is "Child abuse." This is why there should be controlled breeding.

To Judus. What you are saying is a bunch of bull shit. I was a child who was abused mentally and physically. yet I do believe in spankings, as well as i do believe there is a difference from giving your child a spanking from beating the shit out them. I am not for abuse. A swat on the ass is a punishment and from abuse. I don't have kids but I sure do remember being a kid and hanging with kids my age so I know that some kids just need an spanking and what is a spanking from what's going to get you in jail. a swat is not going to get her in jail, shit hitting the other kid is not going to get her jail time. she is not a bad mother. and to the girl who says bribe you kid let's see how long that will work or how long before they know the can use that shit a against you. "I can get whatever from my mommy cause I play her like a flute, I'm boss." kids are sweet but not all kids are sweet and at the first sight at weakness they will get the best of you doing more and more to see what they can and can not get away with and for most kids who do that they try to get away with everything. leave this woman alone just cause you think it's wrong dose not mean you need to judge her. she won't tell you how to raise your child so you shouldn't tell her cause you don't know that child and you sure are not raising or taking care of him. and op look at the kid before you spank him. or wait till you get home. with the right kid of course lol.

Erindub 0

I wish the parent/gaurdian of that poor little one came over and beat the hell outta you.

On the subject of spanking: Pain is one of the few languages kids understand until they learn their first verbal language. Once they're smart enough to use reason, use that. You spank small children, not teenagers. Make the effort to know your kids on a personal level and you should be able to tell when to make the switch. I do think there are better alternatives to spanking, but I was spanked as a kid and I turned out fine.

swatting a child isnt abuse its discipline...both my sister and myself got spanked with belts, switches, flyswatters and hands. my nephew is 3 and when he gets out of line all we have to do is say were going to get the flyswatter and he stops whatever hes doing and behaves. so whoever is saying that its abuse can shut the hell up...and to #77 who says their child is well behaved and you dont spank them...your full of shit...either that or you gave birth to a freak of nature...all kids misbehave.

there is no reason to hit a child. first of all its wrong, and there are other ways to discipline, hitting isnt the only one. and you want your child to behave because they know its the right thing, not because theyre scared of being hurt. no child should be afraid of being hit by their own parents or guardian who say its hurt them more than it hurts the child. well if it hurt so darn much then you wouldnt do it in the first place

your first and second sentences contradict, and though i agree wholeheartedly with your third, reality doesn't always. also, i find your ending sentence rather curious; are you saying that pain is a strong motivation against doing something "wrong?"

Swatting a childs rear is not abuse you bunch of overreacting hippies. There's nothing wrong with a smack on the butt, when its your own kid. That's what kids today are lacking and why they've become the spoiled pains in the arses they are... Honestly take a chill pill!!!!