By Anonymous - 10/10/2010 04:29 - United States

Today, I swerved to miss hitting a kitten, over-corrected, hit and killed the cat, and totaled my truck by hitting a parked car. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 489
You deserved it 13 883

Same thing different taste

Top comments

perdix 29

It happened so slowly that the kitten matured into a cat during the swerve?

perdix 29

Did the swerve take such a long time that the kitten matured in a cat?

Comments

19- it's actually not good to hit the animal bcuz 1 they r an active part of our environment ( which obviously nobody cares about) and 2 they can do serous damage to ur car ( which ppl care about) imagine- would you want cat guts clogging ur car engine? or a squirrel forcing you to get a new tire? or if you hit a deer- your car would be damaged beyond repair, the deer would be dead, and would be killed or injured depending on how lucky u r

FFML_314 11

I will take a damaged car over swerving risk killing myself. It is a well known fact that you never swerve. It is safer to just hit the animal.

xxniteskie 1

Hmmmm... I'm almost positive they meant a small animal like a cat, which would clearly do a whole lot less damage to a car than hitting a pole, other car, driving into a ditch or any other situation. I only assume this because they said "EVEN a deer," implying they were previously talking of animals much smaller than a deer...but I could be wrong. Also, if you want to be taken seriously on this site and have people actually take time to read and respect your comments, you might want to learn to spell better. This is a pretty vicious site. Vicious... yet soo entertaining.

i agree with 28... i'd take all those accidents pver a totalled car. i don't nees to risk my life. eother way, you can't win

FYLDeep 25

Okay, the easiest way for the animal to clog the engine is if it somehow made it inside the air intake, followed that up to the engine block, and then got past the air filter, and entered the cylinders. Are you suggesting that there is a possibility of this happening? I'm just going to assume that you're retarded. Actually I think the term is intellectually disabled now.

xxniteskie 1

Hmmm... Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm almost positive you just made my entire point. First off, just to be sure, I believe I said that actually hitting the cat would do much LESS damage than swerving into many other possibilities. Second, your explanation of "easiest," sounded a whole lot more complicated than swerving and crashing your car. Lastly, I never said there was a possibilty of that happening, I believe you did. In fact, I find it quite a stretch. No need to get snippy.

xxniteskie 1

Oh my gosh!!!!! Wow, for some reason I thought you were the original commentor responding to me. Wow, 5 am is clearly too late for me to be reading comments. I take that whole comment back and also agree with you. I apologize =P

@34: youtube.com/watch?v=kk0ieEGMcFo ...despite the fact that you can't suck a bird into an intercooler, it's still lulzy.

They teach you in driver's ed (at least in the States) that if a deer runs out in front of you, and you can't stop, you should just hit it rather than swerve.

Spastastic is right - when you see an animal in front of you, your first reaction should be to stop, not swerve. Swerving puts you and others in more danger. If you can't stop, and the animal is small, you run it over. If it's a big animal, like a deer, you speed up. That way the front of your car lifts just slightly, and you go over the animal. If you hit a deer while braking, the front of your car will be tilted down, and the deer will go over your hood, hit your windshield, and generally wreak havoc.

tree hugger here!!!! we got a tree hugger here correcting people!!!! come get your I'll corrections from #25

when u get in that situation swerve and TRY to hit the animal don't swerve to avoid it

sepdps 0

I know how ya feel:( that happened to me. I'd do anything for an animal if it meant totaling my truck.

jvillan87 5

you are retarded...**** that animal...you would risk YOUR LIFE to avoid hitting an animal?

#37 is ******* retarded. . . people like you should be put sleep.

Kelsprettywild 0

you bastard hOw can u live with ur self :( that poor cat

You're ******* stupid! The only thing OP did wrong was swerving in the first place.

Don't you know you should never swerve put of the way to avoid hitting and animal on the road?! You could get yourself killed, most likely just confuse the animal into running right into you. So.... F the cats Life... or unlife, cuz he's DEAD now. RIP KITTEN, RIP.

emilyk123 0

It's just a cat. No point in risking your life and damage to other people's properity for a feline.