By anonymous - 24/04/2009 19:50 - United States

Today, I started my period. I am getting married tomorrow. So, not only am I going to be on my period for my wedding night and honeymoon, my best friend has to help me change my pad because my dress is so big. FML
I agree, your life sucks 81 098
You deserved it 9 492

Same thing different taste

Top comments

that's why you go on birth control so that you can use it to safely delay or skip your period. it's part of wedding planning 101.

grazynaanka 0

It likes to come at the worst possible moments. This is going to sound gross but, if you and your new husband want to do the deed, use a female condom. And hey, at least you know your bestfriend is a true friend!

Comments

You deserve it. what are you, 12? be prepared better for your next wedding.

Sunflowerkiss89 0

duh, for all you people who said use a tampon, some women can't, their flow is too heavy or they have other issues. And if I was her best friend I'd rather change a pad then tampon. And even if you are on birth control, you can have break through bleeding from stress, trust me. And some peoples' religions are against using birth control and all that other stuff.

ValeriaDorian 0

Ok about the tampon thing... you people that think its a better way..well its not...her dress is still going to be too big..and plus i dont think she want her best friend going up her vigina... i would go with the female condom...

veggiefishtaco 0

You're getting married, you obviously have the best best friend in the world and, unless you've been "waiting," your fiance is NOT going to beat you. Count your f-ing...blessings. This site is for high schoolers and spoiled college kids who haven't learned to do that yet! And the rest of us to endulge our schadenfreude.

The first think I thought of was #5, but #61 has a good point as well. I'm sorry about that, that does really kinda suck.

You're lucky. You're about to marry the person you love. You have the rest of your lives to have sex.

kwbuzz23wk 0

YLIF because you have periods... not because you are a girl but having a period would freak me the **** out so all the power to you and hey #60, for all of us, go on the pill

what about birth control? You can still have sex on your period. Just dont look when he pulls out lol it looks like he murdered you with his ****.

Yeah, I'm getting married next spring and my fiancée and I are sometimes worried that she'll have her period the same time you, OP, had yours. We don't want to use condoms and we aren't big fans of the pill either. We're going to get a LadyComp, which is as effective as the pill but it also lets a woman continue her natural cycle of menstruation. So ovulation and menstruation will still interrupt vaginal intercourse and/or ***********. So we can completely relate. Your life really is F***ed. And the bit about your friend sounds completely unpleasant too.

phoenixxrisingxx 0

okay, so, here are my responses to this. Tampon? A) it could be a full day before she gets the chance to change it on her own, so, not only would it be less awkward for her friend to help, but, it would also be safer for her. B) Tampons STILL leak people, whether or not they are braided and such. Even supers, if you have a heavy enough flow, four hours into that tampon, its gonna be leaking down your leg. I think she did the right thing here. And, as for her best friend, That was an amazingly nice thing she did, and if she didnt want to, she wouldnt have. So stop saying F her life. She chose to because shes an awesome friend.