By anonymous - 24/04/2009 19:50 - United States

Today, I started my period. I am getting married tomorrow. So, not only am I going to be on my period for my wedding night and honeymoon, my best friend has to help me change my pad because my dress is so big. FML
I agree, your life sucks 81 098
You deserved it 9 492

Same thing different taste

Top comments

that's why you go on birth control so that you can use it to safely delay or skip your period. it's part of wedding planning 101.

grazynaanka 0

It likes to come at the worst possible moments. This is going to sound gross but, if you and your new husband want to do the deed, use a female condom. And hey, at least you know your bestfriend is a true friend!

Comments

supposed to plan around that, but youre fault

It sucks...but would only be a true FML had you gone through your wedding dress day off :S

phoenixxrisingxx 0

okay, to all you people who are saying that pads are disgusting and feel like a diaper, youre all imbiciles. Seriously. Not everyone feels things the way you do. Shut up about it. There is nothing wrong with her choice. Yeah. I said it. its HER choice. NOT YOURS. So chill. Acting like youre all high and mighty because you like tampons. Yeah, well, I can almost guarantee those of us who wear pads will never get TSS from it. yeahhh.

wonnybot73 0

dear women. u know damn well when yo period is about to come. this shit is yo fault. stfu. the end. buh bye.

NO, it is impossible to tell exactly when you will get your period, unless you are on birth control. Seriously, if you don't know what you are talking about, DON'T TALK. And all of you people being so rude about birth control, every medication has risks, and there are A LOT of potential side effects to birth control pills. Some people are not willing to take these risks. And besides, if the OP was not expecting her period, it is likely that it was way off of her normal schedule. And tampons are much riskier health-wise than pads. Just because some of you use tampons doesn't mean everyone else has to, and some people aren't comfortable with it. And also, even if she wore a tampon, that would not fix the problem of having to have it changed part-way throughout the day. And having someone else change your TAMPON is MUCH grosser for both parties than having someone else change your pad.

phoenixxrisingxx 0

uh. actually, #97, a lot of us DONT know when its coming. Ive planned and planned, and my cycle is never the same. Not all of us have our periods start right on time. and stress is a big factor.

lizz1234 0

#81, i assure you being kicked in the vag or hit in the chest hurts bad too, so be thankful for that. you haven't experienced anything until childbirth. so be THANKFUL for that. :)

redlollipop 0

I'm sick of reading about everyone criticizing her. First, it is her prerogative to choose which feminine products she prefers. Also, I can't speak for everyone, but most people I know don't have cycles like clockwork. While they are generally regular, they can always come early, late, not at all etc. , so stop blaming her as if she made a mistake. Consider she might have had to work with church availability, minister availability, convenience for family etc. I'm sure her cycle wasn't the only consideration in plannign

phoenixxrisingxx 0

#100. ... all I can say. *applause*

ScoobyDoo22 0

Hold on, hold on, hold on... Are we seriously having a pad vs tampon war on FML???

97 - Dearest wonnybot73. You don't know how periods work. This shit is most likely the fault of a substandard education. Stfu. The end.