By anonymous - 24/04/2009 19:50 - United States

Today, I started my period. I am getting married tomorrow. So, not only am I going to be on my period for my wedding night and honeymoon, my best friend has to help me change my pad because my dress is so big. FML
I agree, your life sucks 81 099
You deserved it 9 492

Same thing different taste

Top comments

that's why you go on birth control so that you can use it to safely delay or skip your period. it's part of wedding planning 101.

grazynaanka 0

It likes to come at the worst possible moments. This is going to sound gross but, if you and your new husband want to do the deed, use a female condom. And hey, at least you know your bestfriend is a true friend!

Comments

jessica92_fml 0

when ever you plan a wedding never plan it near your time of the month

Clearly most of you have never planned a wedding. People tend to plan their wedding date at LEAST six months in advance, and if you're just one day off in your cycle a few times, your planning is for naught. Even if she IS on the pill, many women can't just randomly skip their period without spotting. Not to mention the horror that the pill can wreak on your body... I was on it for six years and then started having bad side effects so I got off it. Yay for non-hormonal IUDs. But thumbs up for menstrual cups, which you can indeed wear for 12 hours, even on heavy days.

K so just putting this out there to everyone who's saying tampon, tampon's don't last all day, unless you have a ridiculously light flow. You still have to change them every two to four hours, just like a pad. Definitely more comfortable but if you need help changing them don't you think a pad would be less awkward? I really don't see how tampons are a solution to this... at all. Though some form a birth control definitely would have been a good idea. Also some woman just don't like wearing tampons, I know several people with whom that's the case, and I personally don't wear them at the beginning of my cycle because they seem to aggravate my cramps.

as inconvenient as this may be, sex during your period is NOT THAT BAD. just be grateful for the extra lubrication and quit whining

bummer for you; rule #1: use birth control #2: don't be worried about the wedding night; its fun in the shower.

Thank you #100. Do any of you realize what goes into setting a wedding date? Many weddings these days have the date set nearly a year in advance, sometimes more, because getting a date where everything works with the location and food and everything else is tough. My period is like clockwork with the pill, but I don't even think I would schedule my wedding around my period. Anything could happen between when the date is set and the actual date, like getting sick and messing up when I get my period. Personally I plan to figure out a few months before if I needed to worry about it, then use the pill to offset it by a week or two if I need to. OP, that sucks. Good luck with your wedding and marriage.

Evee_fml 0

this is why BC pill is my friend

how could anyone POSSIBLY deserve this? :

KidInEmerica 0

that really sucks :/ you could always try using tampons?