By anonymous - 24/04/2009 19:50 - United States

Today, I started my period. I am getting married tomorrow. So, not only am I going to be on my period for my wedding night and honeymoon, my best friend has to help me change my pad because my dress is so big. FML
I agree, your life sucks 81 098
You deserved it 9 492

Same thing different taste

Top comments

that's why you go on birth control so that you can use it to safely delay or skip your period. it's part of wedding planning 101.

grazynaanka 0

It likes to come at the worst possible moments. This is going to sound gross but, if you and your new husband want to do the deed, use a female condom. And hey, at least you know your bestfriend is a true friend!

Comments

veggiefishtaco 0

uh...but for reals, ladies who are not on birth control and are getting married in more than 2 months...learn to use a menstrual cup. You can leave it in for like, 12 hours even if you're flowing heavy, and unlike pads and tampons, does not smell. Sorry this advice came way late for you...:(

At least its your best friend Hahaha #71 That sucks though :[

23 - Awesome idea, I was going to say the same thing! A cup could be good to at least try during your honeymoon, and with Instead cups (google it, they're like a disposable version of a normal menstrual cup like Diva, Lunette, etc.) you can have sex with one inserted. I do NOT recommend trying to use a cup during your wedding, though, it's just not worth the risk, since there is a learning curve with cups. 36 - She didn't say to use it DURING her wedding, just during her honeymoon. Unless she wears her wedding dress the whole time, I don't see why it should be a problem. 52 - Enjoy your festering pellet of bleached cotton and rayon, then. And to everyone saying it's her fault for not planning around her period - not every woman has a menstrual cycle that is perfectly on cue, and a lot of variation can occur, especially with stress thrown into the mix.

There are SO many different forms of birth control, not just the pill, that can regulate a woman's period and allow her to plan. She didn't look into the options, fair enough. But they're out there. Even the different pills have different ingredients that would allow one to avoid an allergy. You can't be allergic to the hormones themselves, which are what do the job. They occur naturally in rather strong doses in your body, after all.

For the record, there's nothing wrong with using pads instead of tampons. That's what I do. It's really not that bad.

hmmm y didnt u just use birth control for a while or till after ur honeymoon or somthing

77 - I'm not trying to be contrary or anything, but some women just don't prefer the idea of taking artificial hormones - the side effects can be nasty with some of them, and it takes a while for them to either regulate, or get bad enough that you switch to another pill and see if it affects you less adversely. A lot of docs have you keep with it for 3 months, which can be hellish for some ladies when they're gaining weight, losing their sex drive, etc. Granted, if the OP's period is so annoying to her, she probably wouldn't be opposed to hormonal birth control, but I'm just sayin'.

ScoobyDoo22 0

If you're a guy, be thankful you don't have to go through this stuff and say AMEN!!! AMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN! Although girls don't have to experience being kicked in the nuts, and they should be thankful for that.

phoenixxrisingxx 0

#78 Thank you! I am so for pads instead of tampons. Theres a plastic wrapping underneath the cotton of a pad, unlike tampons. and pads have way less risk with them. There isnt anything wrong with pads.