By anonymous - 24/04/2009 19:50 - United States

Today, I started my period. I am getting married tomorrow. So, not only am I going to be on my period for my wedding night and honeymoon, my best friend has to help me change my pad because my dress is so big. FML
I agree, your life sucks 81 098
You deserved it 9 492

Same thing different taste

Top comments

that's why you go on birth control so that you can use it to safely delay or skip your period. it's part of wedding planning 101.

grazynaanka 0

It likes to come at the worst possible moments. This is going to sound gross but, if you and your new husband want to do the deed, use a female condom. And hey, at least you know your bestfriend is a true friend!

Comments

Omg, that sucks. :( Hope you have a nice wedding though, regardless. And for people saying she should've planned around it, she might be irregular. I actually started taking the pill to regulate my periods. Sometimes I'd have them every 2 weeks, and twice I think I bled for a month. It was awful. DX Plus, things like stress can make it come earlier, so yeah.

alwaysalady 0

I was on my period on my wedding day. It sucked. And I, too am allergic to the Pill. It's more common then most people think. You do have a stellar best friend though.

creeper1 0

why don't you use a tampon, it lasts longer and doesn't feel like a diaper

#63 - i'm allergic to the pill too, which is why i'm on the patch. in canada, every birth control pill contains lactose for whatever ****** up reason. i'm lactose intolerant so i'm on the patch, which does no contain lactose. i'm sure if the original poster had taken the time to research birth control before her wedding day, she would have found one that suited her and her body. and for everyone saying "use a tampon" ... i don't think her best friend is gonna want to yank out her dirty blood stick and then stick a clean one back up her pussy. ew.

cheezy_fml 0

well, that's what bestfriends are for!

Seriously? You don't know when your period comes? Don't you have a calendar? Menstrual cup. Solution to all of your problems.

i_luv_puppies 1

okay birth control pills has NOTHING to do with age. I work in a pharmacy and there are plenty of old people on it, I promise! And if "some women prefer not to go on birth control" or have issues with putting extra hormones into their body, then they have no right to complain about how horrible their period is. They're choosing to suffer! And your about to get married and you still wear pads? Thats just gross! i have not worn one since I was 13, it feels absolutely disgusting, and it makes things 10 times grosser for you husband to be (who will probably be down their anyways, I presume) why would you ruin what is supposed to be the happiest day of your life? I'm sorry but YDI for not doing anything to avoid this situation

90 - How is it gross to wear a pad compared to a tampon? Just because you dislike them doesn't mean the rest of the female population does too. I guess I agree that if women honestly hate their period so much, they might as well go ahead and use HBC and stop complaining to the rest of the world about having to deal with their period, which I think is an amazing, beautiful, natural thing, but apparently not many others feel the same way...

jumpgurl23 0

#90 not everyone HAS to be on birthcontrol so get over it. OP im sorry, that is horrible :( I always get mine at the worst times too...

fillmyheart028 0