By anonymous - 24/04/2009 19:50 - United States

Today, I started my period. I am getting married tomorrow. So, not only am I going to be on my period for my wedding night and honeymoon, my best friend has to help me change my pad because my dress is so big. FML
I agree, your life sucks 81 099
You deserved it 9 492

Same thing different taste

Top comments

that's why you go on birth control so that you can use it to safely delay or skip your period. it's part of wedding planning 101.

grazynaanka 0

It likes to come at the worst possible moments. This is going to sound gross but, if you and your new husband want to do the deed, use a female condom. And hey, at least you know your bestfriend is a true friend!

Comments

Wow do you people not realize that not many weddings can be planned within the period of a month? Most take up to half a year at least because you have to book venues and churches and whatnot. Also, like what the other dozen people said up there, not all periods are regular and not all women choose to regulate their periods using birth control. Yeesh.

heatherfeather 4

tampon much? and if you were on birth control you could skip over it.

that is sooo awful. def my worst nightmare. i dont know what i would do in the situation. your honey moon is gonna suck. i'm sorry!!

pinkpikachu 0

such a loyal friend you have there...

awwwwww=( i feel so bad 4 u. Isnt it uncomftorable having ur friend change it? Haha.

I'm looking into this Diva Cup thing.. thanks to the ones that mentioned it. XD

153 - Check out http://menstrualcups.org/ first! Diva isn't always the best choice for every woman, there are lots of varieties of menstrual cup, and also lots of advice on how to use them on that website/LJ! :)

ChelseaAnn08 0

122- when we have our period every month, we say that we 'started' our period. Or we 'got' our period. 127- 1 meant that 1/4 of women have their period on their wedding 128- as much as I agree that pulling a string would be better...my guess is to why she is using a pad instead of a tampon (if she normally does use them) is because her friend would then have to insert a NEW tampon back in. Awkward. And to the person who asked if there was seriously a pad/tampon war on here....I was thinking the SAME thing And for everyone saying she should've used a calandar...121 said it PERFECTLY, so I'm copying it for you all... "A lot of you people are so ignorant. A pack of birth control pills has 28 pills (7 of which being sugar pills, the week you menstruate), but there's only one month that actually has 28 days. Every other month has 30/31 days, so even if you normally menstruate at the beginning of the month, eventually it'll get pulled back to the ending of the previous month and so forth." So...there ya go. And OP, I feel for ya...I started mine at sr. prom. White dress....didn't know until my best friend had to hold up my dress so I could pee.

yeah. not everyones period is regular and on time. mine never is. so annoying. and there is nooothing wrong with pads. ive used tampons before, but dont really like them. much prefer pads. theyre easier, and for me, more comfortable. there's no difference really. they do the same thing, and no one can tell.