By fmal - 07/05/2009 03:47 - United States

Today, I realized my wedding ring was missing. Turns out, my son had taken it to give to a girl he likes in the second grade. FML
I agree, your life sucks 79 273
You deserved it 8 883

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Try keeping it in a safe place. Or wearing it.

DownUndah 0

YES!!!!!! THATS BRILLIANT!!!!!!

Comments

curlyqpc 0

That's so funny! In second grade, a boy I was "going out with" gave me his mom's wedding ring! I kept it in my backpack for a while, then I had to give it back... Must be a kid thing.

couragewolf9001 0

OP, that's f*cking precious. After you get the ring back, if you haven't done so already, this will be one of those stories that you'll love to keep telling.

liquidpaper 0

@73 and everyone else saying "why weren't you wearing it?": You realize that some activities require taking off your wedding ring, right? Or do you all live sheltered, pampered lives where you never have to do anything with your hands?

Rawrrr14 0

Awww. My brother used to steal my jewelry as well as my mom's. What a little gentleman your son is. Hope you got it back!

omg how cute! that's so romantic :)

beepmeep 0

#84, i take my ring off to shower and put it back on when i'm done. i also take it off to put lotion on my hands, then put it back on. get the idea? also, valuable jewelry, whether it be emotionally valuable or expensive, should not be left lying around for your 2nd grader to play with.

Aww. Of course the kid was bad, but he probably thinks its only stealing if its from a store, not his mothers jewelery box. Serioiusly #87, what are you so pissed off about? He's just a little boy, theres really no need for a spanking in this situation. The punishment should fit the crime. Little kids don't respond that well to people screaming at them, they just cry. They can't really comprehend all of that, they just have to be tought properly that they can't take things from others without asking. I really hope you dont have kids now, and you spank them everytime they do something wrong, or you're going to have a huge problem on your hands as they get older.

cheese1756 0

Ask for it back and give him a 25 cent ring from one of the machines that you put a quarter in to give to her.

@#87 Some people just really shouldn't be having kids, you're one of those people. And to all those people going on about why the OP wasn't wearing his/her ring. If s/he took off the ring to do housework/yard work, they may have very well been too tired to remember to put the ring back on, or wanted to wait until after they washed away the grunginess of cleaning all day.