By fmal - 07/05/2009 03:47 - United States

Today, I realized my wedding ring was missing. Turns out, my son had taken it to give to a girl he likes in the second grade. FML
I agree, your life sucks 79 273
You deserved it 8 883

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Try keeping it in a safe place. Or wearing it.

DownUndah 0

YES!!!!!! THATS BRILLIANT!!!!!!

Comments

As horrible as that is, its really cute.

cute_princess 3

oh my gosh!! I can't believe it.! :S maybe your son did it because he really liked her and wanted to spend his life with her.. since you and your husband have wedding rings as a commitment.. maybe he thought the same.. but at least he's a little kid and probably the girls mom will plan to return it to you.. (the bright side of this) ..:)

Ibeapirate 0

Haha wow. I'm concerned for your son's teenage years. Just call the girl's parents, only a complete asshole wouldn't return it to you. All will be well.

beanie8542 0

How about you wear the damn ring and you won't have to worry about where it is!

I understand that there are cases when you need to take your ring off, but it should've been only for a little while and kept in a safe place while it wasn't being worn. It's not like it was just any ring you wear for decoration. I can't imagine why if you took it off to garden or do dishes or whatever you wouldn't just put it right back on. There are very few instances where I will take my engagement ring off and I never leave it off any longer than it needs to be, because it's expensive and has to much sentimental value to risk losing it.

Gotta say that is adorable. At least you know where it went. You aren't tearing the house apart or calling a plumber to go through the pipes looking. Also, why the hell was it not on? Something else you wanna tell us?

Talk to the teacher, find a way to contact the girl's parents, and go get it back.

Wildcard 0

awww thats so cute!!! he is going to be a little heart breaker he's a little kid you guys, he probably saw a ring, not knowing it was mommy's WEDDING ring. kid sees ring, takes it to give to a girl. he probably saw a man do it on TV. children are so innocent. i wouldn't punish him but make sure he knows that its wrong to steal/take things that aren't his OR ASK FIRST lol and to all of you that are so concerned she wasn't wearing her ring... god i would take off mine to wash the dishes or shower.. what the hell is the big deal