By fmal - 07/05/2009 03:47 - United States

Today, I realized my wedding ring was missing. Turns out, my son had taken it to give to a girl he likes in the second grade. FML
I agree, your life sucks 79 273
You deserved it 8 883

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Try keeping it in a safe place. Or wearing it.

DownUndah 0

YES!!!!!! THATS BRILLIANT!!!!!!

Comments

I think it's cute the son likes the girl and knows about giving presents. I do not think it's cute that he stole the present his daddy gave to his mommy. He needs to learn that not asking before you borrow is nearly the same as stealing. People take their rings off and get distracted before they put them back on. Children are mischievous by nature and run off with things before you notice they're gone. Finally: #69, is "letting him being able to take" correct grammar??

totoro_fml 0

You should have been wearing it girl!

I thought I was the only little kid who'd ever done that...looks like I was wrong haha

skierguy 0
perfectwinds 0

Everyone calling her lousy because the ring was off: What if she's a police officer or government official? Or has a job that jewelry isn't allowed to be worn? Or, like many others have said, she took it off for the shower and had been searching for it all day? If I took a ring off for a quick shower I'd have it nearby to put it back on, I wouldn't lock it away in a chest every time I washed my hands or took a shower. That's just ridiculous. And even if it was in a jewelry box that's still reachable for a 2nd grader. Not EVERY mom gets to stay home and not every mom has a nice femme job that allows her to keep jewelry on all day.

patray_angel 0

All of you need to leave the OP alone as far as the fact that the ring was off of their finger in the first place. You have no clue why it was off so don't assume! For all we know, may the OP has a job where they can't wear a ring. As an example, when my husband worked as a mechanic, he couldn't wear his ring because not only would it have gotten dirty, scratched up, a diamond could have fallen out, but he also ran the risk of getting it caught on something and ripping his finger off. Maybe the OP is a she and she is preggo and her fingers have swelled some. I know the last couple months of my pregnancy, I couldn't wear my ring.... Maybe the OP had their ring in a safe spot and the son knew where it was kept.... I doubt the OP just left their wedding ring just laying around on a kitchen table or something. To the OP, like others, I do find this very cute, but you definitely need to teach your son that even though the ring belonged to you, that what he did is still considered stealing.

Oh God, I hope you can get it back!!

good point 100. "Yeah her son drank drain cleaner, but i mean she put it somewhere she thought was safe, not her fault he knew where to get it". kids get into shit, that's fact. if you have shit you don't want them getting into, you are VERY careful with it.