By Anonymous - 09/06/2009 17:07 - United States

Today, I had a food allergy test done because of an ugly acne upswing, and after over a year of vegetarianism, I find out that I'm allergic to soy. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 173
You deserved it 22 409

Same thing different taste

Top comments

People, seriously, shut the hell up on hating vegetarians. It's a personal choice, and if they're not pushing it on you, then you have no right to be pushing them to eat meat. There are entire countries with the majority of it's people being vegetarian. Do you hate on them? And I really doubt some of you are !00% carnivores. You can't survive on just meat, just so you know. There are other things you can eat besides soy products, and there are other alternatives. Also, you guys aren't being witty or funny with your comments saying, "Oh too bad, just go eat a steak and get over it." You're just sounding like an idiot.

Comments

Polionixon 2

#85 clearly we are talking about people who choose to be vegetarian, and if you kept eating it im sure eventually you'd get used to it :P

ZiggyMorrison 0

when you call it vegatarianism you make it sound like a religion

You're retarded. If I keep eating it, I will keep throwing up. Why do you have so many issues with people making different lifestyle choices than you? What are you so afraid of?

I don't miss any of it, meat, dairy, eggs. My digestion is always on track now, no uncomfortable surprises, my skin is clearer than it's ever been, my hair is shiny, I have tons more energy, and I just feel overall healthier. In becoming a vegetarian I learned more about what my body needs than I would have had I stuck to the standard shitty American diet of fatty fat fat food that makes our whole country obese.

#118 - An overpopulation of animals if we didn't eat meat? That doesn't even make sense... If there are so many of them that need getting rid of then why on earth are they bred in such great numbers in captivity and injected with hormones solely for the purpose of being consumed? Anyway its silly to really judge people based solely on their dietary choice. Just because one person thinks their opinion is right doesn't mean they should go around imposing it on others, especially over something as trivial as food choice. How does someone eating meat (or not eating it) affect you (particularly when its someone over the internet you don't even know). Back to the OP: That sucks. But there are plenty of other alternative sources of protein to meat and soy. And its a good thing you found out, even if it did take a year.

thuryn 2

#43: People who think the same as I do are awesome. People who don't think the same as I do totally suck ass. There is no middle ground. There is no compromise. DEATH TO NON-ME-THINKERS! Being a vegetarian is irrelevant to this FML. Do you know how many things contain soy? That would SUCK to be allergic to soy.

wow I had a steak for lunch my skin is clean and smooth

Has everyone here forgotten about organic meat? Not all meat is dirty or pumped with hormones people. Our bodies, true, are not meant to eat a lot of meat, but they are meant to eat SOME. Our cavemen brothers were primarily vegetarian but dined on red meat about once a week when they brought down deer or rabbit or whatever. That is the healthiest diet. Eat lots of fish and chicken. Have red meat only once or twice a week, and in very small amounts. PS- I'm not a vegetarian. I am very into nutrition though and strict vegetarianism is not healthy.

ellbtvsvm 0

Um, **** everyone who's saying YDI for being a vegetarian. Some of us don't like meat, that's all. No one here is telling you you should be a vegetarian, so quit attacking them.