By chuffberry - 19/04/2016 13:39 - United States - Raleigh

Today, I finally saw a dermatologist due to my unusually severe acne. Now I know I actually have a rare disorder that makes me allergic to my own acne. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 003
You deserved it 1 218

Same thing different taste

Top comments

And then the stress of of your allergic reaction causes more acne. It's a cruel vicious cycle.

Comments

ourtneyc 14

oh my god I am so sorry!! I really hope you can get treatment for it OP :(

And then the stress of of your allergic reaction causes more acne. It's a cruel vicious cycle.

On the plus side, op only needs to treat the one problem to get rid of both

Don't worry OP puberty only last all your teenage years

Unfortunately, acne isn't limited to teenagers. Lots of adult sufferers out there as well.

Oh no an Internet stranger insulted me whatever will I do

MikaykayUnicorn 36

4, just stop trying. Please. You're making yourself look dumb.

Maybe there's an oral prescription you can get that will help with the acne. If it's cystic acne, there are a ton of non-topical products you can use that won't irritate your skin and can help to slow or halt the pimples.

I have cystic acne and have reactions to most topical solutions. If you have advice, I'll try anything. The only thing my doctor recommends its dove soap.

The FML community will have to continue struggling without #9's highly valued input. This is a sad day.

You commented, meaning this is a paradox, and this thread doesn't actually exist

mds9986 24

I like to pretend nobody here exists and is instead an AI test of thousands of personalities.

"You don't like my face?! Well neither does it!"

Who in the hell would say YDI to something like this?

stress causes acne. lose the stress, no acne to react to.

Stress isn't the only thing that causes acne.

Can't exactly just "lose the stress" if the stressor is something like school or work... Sure, you can work to cope with it, but there's only so much that can be immediately done...

UserError94 18

A lot of the time I accidentally hit the wrong button on my phone and I can't change it. Maybe 750 people did the same lol

That is just a downward pimple spiral.. Sorry op, genetics win this time..