By Anonymous - 09/06/2009 17:07 - United States

Today, I had a food allergy test done because of an ugly acne upswing, and after over a year of vegetarianism, I find out that I'm allergic to soy. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 173
You deserved it 22 409

Same thing different taste

Top comments

People, seriously, shut the hell up on hating vegetarians. It's a personal choice, and if they're not pushing it on you, then you have no right to be pushing them to eat meat. There are entire countries with the majority of it's people being vegetarian. Do you hate on them? And I really doubt some of you are !00% carnivores. You can't survive on just meat, just so you know. There are other things you can eat besides soy products, and there are other alternatives. Also, you guys aren't being witty or funny with your comments saying, "Oh too bad, just go eat a steak and get over it." You're just sounding like an idiot.

Comments

qazwerty 5

maybe you should keep eating soy so you can build up a tolerance for it. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1150649/Children-peanut-allergies-cured-scientists-develop-way-build-tolerance.html

ok that's it, FML has become youtube. thanks ignorant losers plaguing every site you go on. vegetarianism is a choice, just like a religion. are you going to bash a buddhist? or jew? or muslim? it's about beliefs too

jeri2011 0

I almost forgot what this FML was about because of all the arguing over comments... OP: Dude that sucks, but as those before me have said, you should just try the alternatives. When I was a vegetarian I ate mostly pasta, salads, and cheese pizza. Of course, then, my mom made me eat some meat one day... After that meat I have never tried to be a vegetarian again. But that's just me.

Tika876 18

Good thing your not super allergic. U could've ended up in the hospital.....or worse :(

avalon24 has it right. Many people have allergies to many things - people with PKU can't eat meat (and many other things besides) because they can't process a certain amino acid commonly found in animal proteins. Does that make them "*******" because they're relegated to a vegetable diet so that they don't die from the toxic products of their meat-metabolism? And there are many vegetable and alternative products that provide people with all of the nutrients they need to remain healthy - even if some vegetarians are less healthy than your average person it's likely because they haven't educated themselves about a meat-free diet properly. In fact, supplements are sometimes all you need. I eat most poultry and fish so this isn't even coming from a vegetarian, just a squeamish eater who can't go near red meat for arbitrary reasons.

FMLGirl1991 0

wouldn't you have caught on since once you started going veggie and eating soy...you break out? It's kinda obvious. sorry. but it is.

Melsy187 3

That's what you get for not eating meat like a human should. Bitchfuck. :]

#114: I totally agree with you. I, for one, would love to be a vegetarian, but honestly, I just love meat too much to give it up! Maybe after my metabolism slows down I'll try it, but for now, I not only love it, but it's very important for my body, too. But good for you guys who have the willpower to stay away from it! As we saw with Mad Cow Disease a few years ago, it can even kill you! ;)

#85- Every time I eat meat, I promptly throw up from the taste it leaves in my mouth. Listening to my body has led me to vegetarianism. Please, for every person saying, "That's what you get for not eating meat!" what should I do? I eat meat, it makes me sick. What should I eat instead? Since you obviously know so much about what is right for every single person.