By Well, crap - 18/06/2013 15:02 - Denmark - Kongerslev

Today, I attempted to ask a girl out by doing a flash mob and singing for her in the store where she works. Turns out, she suffers from anxiety and the overwhelming amount of attention caused a panic attack. No, I didn't get a date. FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 345
You deserved it 22 295

Same thing different taste

Top comments

debbster7 18

Why go all out when something as simple as you saying "will you go out with me?" would work? Save that shit for marriage proposals.

Well, maybe try to tone down the extravagant gestures towards people you don't know very well yet? I hope she appreciated the effort, though....

Comments

Hmm if only someone would make a button that could voice that opinion for you...if only...

that's amazingly sweet.! I feel like she should've said yes anyways because of the gesture.

That's the same as saying 'he was nice, so you should have sex with him.' It's her choice. He made her have a panic attack - also meaning he doesn't even know her at all - so she's allowed to say no. There's no should or shouldn't. It's about her choice. I mean, really, would you want a girl to go out with you just because you put in effort even though she doesn't even like you, only to 'dump' you the day after? Sorry for the rant.

acerredrum 23

Also shit like that can get someone fired from their job. It wasn't really the thought that counted in this because when it comes right down to it, it was fairly thoughtless. Had this been a marriage proposal somewhere other than work I would think that it was incredibly sweet. That isn't the case though, this was asking out someone he obviously didn't know too terribly well at their place of work.

@32 my thought was exactly the same..... If someone did that to me where i worked i would be angry not excited

xStaciexLynnx 15

21- While I agree with your general thought, comparing it to forcing someone to have sex with you is kind of extreme. I've gone on plenty of dates with people I certainly wouldn't have wanted to get intimate with.

46 - sure, it's a bit extreme. But still, I would personally not even want to bother going on a date with someone I don't see a possible future with, including being intimate. That's just... leading the guy on. Or being overly nice. Or both.

12) With this logic you will end up being a grandmother before you are 20, dear

acerredrum 23

I REALLY don't think 21 was talking about rape. I think 21 was talking about the idea of, "He took you out on a date you should have sex with him, you owe him." Not being actually forced to but feeling obligated to even if you don't want to.

CLEARLY you've never had someone carelessly cause you to have a panic attack. As someone with severe social anxiety, I have to say I feel like she was in the right going with what she felt and saying no when he cause so must distress for her

Next time OP, just sing a song...calmly, without all the backstreet boy dancing.

that's so sweet! sorry it didnt work out for you op

fyl, but you should've done your homework op

What if she would have said no? You would have been embarrassed and she would've been labeled as a heartless bitch probably.

xStaciexLynnx 15

Yeah, but I think in this case the panic attack negates the "heartless bitch" effect.

BanAnnalee 12

The point is you tried your best. Whoever gets you in the end is going to be really lucky. :]

Wow har aldrig mødt nogle fra Danmark der kunne finde på at gøre så meget ud af sådan noget! :D Bare ærgeligt at du ikke lige fik den reaktion du havde håbet på.. Bedre held næste gang OP And in English: Wow I have never met anyone from Denmark that could think of doing so much to ask a girl out! :D Just too bad that you didn't get the reaction you were hoping for.. Better luck next time OP

Congratulations, you speak Danish. To me, you just came off as a pompous ass with that. Leave that shit at home.

Congratulations, you speak Danish. You just came off as a pompous ass with that. Keep that shit at home.

LookAttMyyLifee 12

At least you tried . You were brave & most guys don't have the balls ! Yoy don't deserve it

That really sucks, I hope next time she'll say yes.