By nomorexbox - 26/04/2011 19:20 - United States

Today, I actually heard my 14 year old son muse to himself, "If I can drive drunk in Grand Theft Auto, how hard could it be in real life?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 053
You deserved it 13 446

Same thing different taste

Top comments

just about every teenager I know has been playing M games since they were like 10... I guarantee you 85% of all Call of Duty players are below 18..-_-

Comments

Well, if you do decide to drive drunk in the game, the police almost immediately begin chasing you, and you're likely to get a DUI. Unless your son is skilled at evading police, I doubt he'll ever try it.

If I was a parent and I heard my kid(s) say something like that, that particular copy of GTA would get "lost" until I'd had time to give my kid(s) a reality check. Just saying. [EDIT] Here, OP, don't know if you'll see this but if you do, you should make a video of a car crash in GTA and use the Internet to get footage of a real life car crash. Play the two, one after the other, in front of your kid as a comparison. That might do the trick.

justinhi 0

everyone here is saying that videogames don't influence kids. but a sixteen year old in Dallas stabbed a taxi driver and when he was put on trail he said he had done it in gta and that he thought he could really do it.

TheDrifter 23

Likely on advice from his lawyer, trying to beat the charge. Being under oath doesn't make people honest.

Well, that kid obviously had pre-existing mental or emotional disorder.

RefugeForChris 0

People who are influenced by video games are stupid-.-

What in the world are you doing letting your kid play that game?! Video games have ratings for a reason. Don't give me the bs of, "But all of his friends play this game!!!" I've played video games since I was 5, and my mom didn't let me play mature games until I was of age. My friends played them and I still stayed away from them since I knew my mom didn't approve. It's all about parenting skills...

RefugeForChris 0

Ratings on games are for overprotective parents. Regardless what the parents let the child play, they still go to school with peers that talk about/show things that are equally as bad. No keeping kids from anything nowadays.

IrishSoulja 4

YDI for letting a 14 year old play an 18s game.....

he's been drunk before already? 0.0 I'm sure you love him, so get him some help!

redleopard 0

Haha I'm pretty sure he was kidding...

just about every teenager I know has been playing M games since they were like 10... I guarantee you 85% of all Call of Duty players are below 18..-_-