By Anonymous - 02/06/2019 22:00

Today, I let my 19-year-old son drive my Lexus to his date. At 11:00 p.m., I watched him pull into the driveway with a broken taillight, marks and scratches all over the car, the front bumper missing, and him being nearly passed out because he's so drunk. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 040
You deserved it 1 606

Same thing different taste

Top comments

DUI. Hit and run. A total disrespect for you and your property. A total disregard for the safety and welfare of others. Sounds like you’ve got more troubles than car repairs.

tounces7 27

I'd call the police. Sounds like he needs to learn a lesson the hard way, fast, before he does any other massively stupid shit.

Comments

WeirdUS 29

Definetly get him into a rehab center asap. Also don't let a young kid drive an exspensive car, they are bound to get scratches and dents on the car.*edit* Hopefully hit didn't hit someone or there car and the car got messed up from him going going over a curb or something like that. Again your kid needs rehab. DUI is. bad enough but this is a hit and run.

I certainly hope that you will make him work until he's paid off every penny of the repair costs. And make him get his own car if he wants to drive anywhere. Do not help him pay for it in any way, shape, or form. <i> Especially</i> do not cosign for any loans.

Jesus if that was my son and the drunk car accident didn’t kill him, I would

DUI. Hit and run. A total disrespect for you and your property. A total disregard for the safety and welfare of others. Sounds like you’ve got more troubles than car repairs.

tounces7 27

I'd call the police. Sounds like he needs to learn a lesson the hard way, fast, before he does any other massively stupid shit.

bloopaloop 27

Police don’t teach lessons for parents. That’s really a horrible idea.

In this case, they do. He broke a ton of laws. Who knows if he hit someone and left them dead on the side of the road. He needs to be held accountable for his actions. It’s hard to do when it’s your kid, turn them in for, but it has to be done.

before you go calling the cops or insurance ask your son "what or who did he hit" and try to figure out what happened. Then call it in. If no one was hurt,theres nothing to worry about, he may lose his lisance or get a fine and learn a life lesson. If someone was hurt or killed with your vehicle, you could end up doing the time,dont neglect calling it in just because he's family.

OK so DUI is a bad thing. I'd inquire more about the accident. If his fault, then he needs to pay up and man up. And no more permission driving something like a lexus.

bl3ur0z3 17

How well do you know your child? Well enough to know not to trust him with your Lexus?

On the bright side, next time he asks to borrow your car, you can give him an enthusiastic “****, no!”

Nhayaa 21

Sounds like the date didn't go very well...