By Nose Numb - United States
Today, for the first time ever, my family bought a real Christmas tree instead of using our old fake one. Today, I also found out I'm allergic to Christmas trees. My family won't get rid of it because they paid so much for it and intend to "get their money's worth". FML
Add a comment
You must be logged in to be able to post comments!
Create my account Sign in
Top comments
COMMENTS
By  sweetest_jenn  |  18

If it's not a severe allergy that requires medical attention, you'll just have to suck it up and take some allergy medicine. Hopefully you start building some tolerance against the allergens. Good luck OP.

By  Raxal  |  21

Is there an uncommon room in the house that the tree can be kept in?
Otherwise, good luck OP and hopefully your allergies aren't too serious.

Reply
  christian1509  |  21

I'm just kidding that's actually an awful idea considering you'd probably end up burning your entire house down... In all seriousness though, try reasoning with them a little more. If they see its a serious issue for you I'm sure they'll understand

By  Iceberg86300  |  14

Just make sure you get THEIR money's worth of brand name allergy meds. Also, there are numerous chemicals that when added to the trees water will turn it brown and have it dropping most of the needles within a week.