By Anon - 23/06/2014 23:13 - United States - Denton

Today, after nearly a year of being stalked, harassed and even terrorized, the police finally found out who my stalker was. It was my 19-year-old son, who thought it would be a fun prank to pull. FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 936
You deserved it 5 964

Same thing different taste

Top comments

This needs a follow up. I wonder how he is going to be punished

Hpixiee 23

This is disturbing, especially the fact he went on with this messed up prank for so long

Comments

91hayek 31

Well this certainly doesn't sound like just a 'prank'; that may be his excuse but since he has been doing it for a while I'd say he has some problems.

How did you not recognise him? Or was it not actually him doing the stalking...?

Stalking people isn't just following them around. He could be sending letters and stuff.

Fu needed! If it were a week, okay, kinda twisted practical joke. But a year to his mother who he can see is clearly terrorized by it, that's flat out sociopathic. As for "punishment", he's 19. She can't ground him. Let the system take care of him. He obviously needs help

And fortunately enough -- albeit absolutely incredibly -- the system can provide that help! What you suggest is called "good riddance". Though I agree that the kid is disturbingly weird...

I would be worried that the "system" would only punish him instead of help him. I would maybe get a psychiatrist. There's also the possibility he actually thought it was a prank and funny and is extremely immature, but a psychiatrist could help deal with that too.

Plot twist: the prank explanation is merely an excuse. He thought he was stalking someone else.

"No mother, it was an honest mistake. I thought you were this hot chick that I met."

That went on for way too long for it to be just "a fun prank". I'd say your 19 year old son has some serious issues and you should let the system deal with him like any other stalker. This really needs a follow up, I and I'm sure everyone else would love to find out what happened next.

Yeah, I agree. Your son either has serious mental problems or you never taught him how to be a respectful person, OP. People magically assume that their children are going to grow up to be wonderful people, without ever bothering to teach them how to be good or decent people or that it's important to be one. And then people wonder why all these "nice guys" are being accused of horrible things and mummies start crying that they can't imagine their baby would ever do such a thing.

Hpixiee 23

Way to crap on people with mental illnesses. You do realize that most people who have mental illnesses are more likely to be the victim of a crime, rather than the perpetrator? Mental illness totally could be something that the son has, but it isn't the reason why he did it.

so you're OWN son followed you around for a whole year? what the ****

This fml is extremely disturbing...did your son not realize how scary this could be for you? This is not a harmless prank.

Well you could always get him back!!