Loose fit

By cloud7 - 27/12/2010 03:40

Today, after finally dropping my weight from an overweight 200 to a slim 135, my skin is now loose everywhere, and stretches about two inches out on my stomach. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 854
You deserved it 6 912

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Save up your money for a skin reduction surgery. you can actually donate the loose skin to burn victims. congrats on the weight loss!

schwancy 2

That's common with dramatic weightloss. It's unfortunate, but there is not much you can do about it outside of plastic surgery.

Comments

Sacredmaiden 0

Yeah, it'll lessen in severity over time. Too, look into some vitamin e and wheat germ oil to put on the trouble areas. Your skin is an organ and need to heal like everything else. The oil is nourishing and speeds up the healing process.

missbehavinn 2

at least you are healthier! hope you can tone up now!

That's what happens when you lose weight too quickly...

Not at all. Loose skin is what happens when someone drops a dramatic amount of weight regardless of how much or how little time it takes to lose that weight. After a certain point in the weight loss, skin isn't elastic enough to "shrink to fit".

Not all the time - MzMegs is actually kind of right. The slower you lose the weight, the more chance you give your skin a chance to regain it's elasticity. People who lose more than 4-8 lbs a month put themselves at risk for it (realistically I think yu have to lose 4 or less a month). That's not to say stretch marks wont all disappear (they do lighten considerably). But think about it with pregnant women. Yes, some get that saggy post pregnancy skin, some seem to be able to get their pre-pregnancy body back to a degree. Oh, and I've lost 110 lbs and never had excess skin. I did it over a two year period (losing 4 lbs a month thereabouts). I went from 250 to 140. But it all depends on genetics, the person, height, etc.

165, It's almost completely down to the genes. Losing weight fast or slow doesn't play a part. 162 is right on the mark.

Kebih02 0

Just start toing up and no worries :) good luck

I think there's a surgery for that, just be happy you slimmed down

When you drastically lose a lot of weight, the skin will loose a bit. You gotta do some exercise and go to a doctor. But hey, you did it! Now keep it at this level.

hmm try losing it the natural way next time ydi

Rick_S 3

The OP didn't say how it was lost, so how do you know it wasn't natural? And losing 65 pounds is a lot. If you lose 65 pounds, no matter how it's done, there will be some extra skin to deal with.

at least you're healthier but that sucks.