Loose fit

By cloud7 - 27/12/2010 03:40

Today, after finally dropping my weight from an overweight 200 to a slim 135, my skin is now loose everywhere, and stretches about two inches out on my stomach. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 854
You deserved it 6 912

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Save up your money for a skin reduction surgery. you can actually donate the loose skin to burn victims. congrats on the weight loss!

schwancy 2

That's common with dramatic weightloss. It's unfortunate, but there is not much you can do about it outside of plastic surgery.

Comments

addisonsmom 0

@160, yes loose clothing. Doesn't mean the same size clothing as before OP lost all that weight. They make small clothing that isn't tight fitting and therefore LOOSE fitting yet still small. My mother lost 85 lbs and was in this same situation and she is now small but wears more loose fitted clothing so it isn't so uncomfortable and doesn't make her feel self conscious because she has some extra fat. It wasnt a blow to OP's self esteem, it was a suggestion. Not everyone can afford plastic surgery. Also, I know toning doesnt effect fat, it effects muscle. If OP toned, it would increase their muscle, take up more room and help get rid of some fat that would help the apperence of her excess skin.

The point being, #170, is that people generally don't lose weight to still have to wear loose clothing. It's not a long-term solution when someone is really discouraged by the leftover loose skin. Your toning suggestion still doesn't make sense. She may not have any fat that could be displaced by muscle. Loose skin doesn't equal fat.

First of all congratulations on the weight loss! That's a big accomplishment there. Second... I call this Mother Natures cruel joke. You lose weight and get healthy and you're still left with hideous extra skin. You didn't mention how old you are, OP, but typically those that are younger will have a better chance at their skin bouncing back to normal. Personally for me, I went from 210 to 125. At first the extra skin was horrible, I was terrified I would have loose skin for the reset of my life. It's been about six years now, I'm 26, so I'm still young, and finally my excess skin is for the most part, gone. It's not perfect and tight, but it's acceptable. Last but not least, if you're not already doing it, try lifting weights. Skin and muscle stick together much better than skin and fat, so by removing the last tidbits of the fat layer under your skin so it can adhere to the muscle will help at least decrease the appearance of loose skin.

Fay303 5

I have a thyroid problem and I'm in the process of being put on medication for it. congrats on the weight loss!!!!

OP, it's just skin you just do home surgery. Can of air they use to clean computers, (turning it upside down super-cools skin reducing blood flow and numbing the area) a Sharp knife, needle and thread, and a friend who isn't too squeamish to call the ambulance when it doesn't work

tone up and any skin that doesnt tighten up with that can be removed surgically. You've made a huge accomplishment. Congrats!

Aw im sorry. Good job losing the weight though.

franwins0827 7

Congrats on the weight loss! If you can't tone it up and it's not bouncing back, you may want to consult a plastic surgeon.

vermillionlove 0

At least you have lost all of the weight. the loose skin is not a health hazard. I'm happy for you OP many people would not be able to keep the weight loss up. :)

yumm... 135!! nice I like that;) i would do you...