Jesus Christ!

By Anonymous - 31/03/2014 04:43 - United States - Brooklyn

Today, I was at a wedding reception with loud music. A guy told me that his sister couldn't be there because she "went home to be with her boy." I said, "That's too bad, she's missing a great party." He paused and repeated, "She went home to be with her LORD." FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 250
You deserved it 4 811

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

That's not your fault OP, I would've made the same mistake.

Not FML, but FMH - **** my hearing. FMH.

Yah. I mean, her boy sounds like she's with her boyfriend. Not Jesus Christ.

Hiimhaileypotter 52

#83: No, I think OP is saying she misheard him the first time and he didn't actually said "boy," he'd said "Lord" both times.

She's still missing a great party...

I don't know....I have heard that "The Lord" throws some pretty rockin' parties.

buttcramp 21

#2 this was my first though too. OP could have easily recovered from this mix up!

"That's too bad, she's missing a great party" works with what you thought he said and what he said

maybe I'm an idiot or monday is having its affects on me. but I dont understand this fml at all, or why it is an fml in the first place.

joeyl2008 29

I can't imagine the Lord throws that great of a party so it does suck that she's mussing it.

Jesus threw a party for twelve people 2000 years ago and people are still talking about it.

Sounds like a really cryptic way of saying she passed away.

"She's back at her place, hugging the nimbus." [Nimbus clouds, that is.] "She went to introduce herself to Abe." [Referring to Lincoln.] "She had to take care of her goldfish." [The fish that died when she was 12.] Because saying that someone is dead, is in Heaven or has passed away is just too mainstream.

I think it means that she died so she went home to her "lord"

I didn't know that all capitals for LORD meant God but I knew the expression at least.

Seriously, how does this have so many up votes? How has no one ever heard that expression? It's used ALL THE TIME! Also, comment 68 was an accident, it was suppose to go somewhere else.

Maybe from where you're from. I've never heard it.

tweetypie 18

Tbh, I thought it meant she was at home praying.

But somehow his sister dying didn't preclude him from going to a wedding reception. I can understand why OP would think what she did. And when it comes to euphemisms for dying, saying someone "went home", especially to be with the Lord/God/Jesus/insert god here is particularly annoying. Just say someone passed away, for crying out loud.

1. she went home to pray 2. her brother knows way to much about her sex life 3. she went back to her castle because the lord of the castle requested her presence Personally I think 3 is most likely

All three of those options occurred to me before I even considered that he meant death.

im thoroughly confused, can someone explain to me please?

The brother was using a runaround tactic of telling OP that his sister is dead, and OP misheard, due to loud music, that she was with a boyfriend. Frankly, it's odd he'd bring something like that up at a party, but whatever.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
YellowKettleBell 31

Lord = Jesus Christ. With her Lord = in Heaven with Jesus.

So she's gone to see someone imaginary?

Shrouds 14

^some people never outgrow fairytails

90+% of the entire world believes in a god of some sort, and there's no way for you to know for sure that there isn't one. And anyway, Jesus was a real, historically verified person who lived and died. Whether or not he was God or the Son of God is a matter of faith. Now I could mock you guys for your unbelief, but I won't stoop to your level.

#42 im not religious either, but dont be such a cockhead please.

Don't say random, highly improbable statistics without any evidence. I truly doubt more than 90% of the world believes in some sort of god, considering the atheism rates in East Asia, for example, are ridiculously high. The temples and shrines are nowadays based more on cultural tradition rather than an actual belief in a god. Atheism tends to be on the rise in developed countries while religion is still very popular in third-world countries, though this again depends on culture.

Lord does not equal Jesus Christ. Not everyone is a Christian you oblivious asswipe. And besides, lord means God and Jesus isn't god either in Christianity.

Damn 75, you need to chill... And in christianity jesus does = lord, which = god

8313girl 28

Yeah 75, you fail. I'm guessing you never of the Holy Trinity: God, Jesus & the Holy Ghost. You seem pretty confident for someone that has no idea what she's talking about.

Hiimhaileypotter 52

Lol #75, who's the asswipe now?

kredd91 11
The8Bitwarrior 0

Well, I say love but I'm Jewish Still doesn't e anyone an asswipe

Simple misunderstanding :P Completely awkward though. Sorry, Op!

Well, that was kind of an odd way to say it at first since it seems like you obviously didn't know her very well or I'm sure you'd know why she wasn't there...either way, that would have been awkward. We all probably would have done the same thing.

In case you want to tell everyone your sister died but you can't say 'died' or even 'passed away'

I'd rather party with Lorde. You weren't to know, it's not really something people will normally say or bring up when you first meet someone.

meli1195 31

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Are you that oblivious to not know that "Lorde" is a music artist? She did read and was making a play on words. Before you call someone out, you should check to see if it is not yourself who is mistaken.

I have no idea who lorde is. I don't keep up with celebrities