Jerry wins again

By Trapped - 10/06/2009 08:13 - Australia

Today, I failed a basic intelligence test when the mouse trap I was setting up snapped on my thumb. Later, when I checked the trap I saw that the mouse had managed to lick all the bait off the trap without being caught, I have a sore thumb and was outsmarted by a rodent. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 294
You deserved it 14 155

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Now that the mouse has proven its intellectual supremacy, surrender your house and its belongings to your new furry overlords. YDI

Mice are smarter than you'd think. Use chunky peanut butter and wedge one of the chunks onto the bait plate so they have to tug a little. Or use those nasty sticky pads then put the full one in someone you don't like's mailbox. (I'm just kidding about the mailbox. That would be a Federal crime. Put it on their welcome mat instead)

Comments

YLS 0

A few sides to this: I would consider the traditional traps (the snap ones) humane as they are generally a quick, clean kill from what I know of how they work. You people in the comments are throwing around the word without really knowing what it means. Cervical dislocation is a humane euthanasia procedure used for small animals. The people suggesting the sticky traps, however, you can be free to call them inhumane. It's the same principle as a bear trap without the actual breaking of the leg. The animal is stuck there, for god knows how long, stressed, trying to get out, and possibly even chewing at their own limbs to try and get free before they die of one of any slow, agonizing death. The catch-and-release traps are beautiful, but not everyone has the time or patience to trap and free one tiny mouse xhowever many mice are in your home. Finally, the best cure is prevention. Don't allow your home to be a good place for a mouse to chill. Don't leave food out, don't leave clothes or other things on the floor for them to hide in, etc. ALSO: Get a cat. It'll help at least scare away your current mouse (mice?) and keep any future ones at bay. Just make sure you care for the cat properly ;)

Should you be using a computer/iPod/iPhone then? You might end up blowing up a third world country

Come on, honey, use the traps that don't hurt them. And by the way, sticky pads are disgusting. Sick. Absolutely evil.

Mice are the third smartest species after dolphins and humans.... I think

@all the peta people complaining about abuse. When properly loaded, the snap trap will instantly break the mouses neck and cause a quick death. This is a humane way to kill the varmints. This is far more humane than what a house cat would do to a mouse it caught and WAY more humane than a sticky trap that leaves a distressed mouse to starve to death unless you deliver a coup de grace.

you could just buy one of those "mice cubes." these plastic humane traps, worked a charm for me up at college.

suckstobeyou3 0

If you really want it out of your house, get one of those box things where the mice can get in the hole but they cant get out. Then let it go outside. No need to kill it; it was just looking for a warm place to sleep and some leftover crumbs.

CherishFlowers 0
lmmmr 0

#4 has it all right. Also, I lose a little bit of faith in the world everytime I come here and see that so many people think that their time is so much more important than being a decent, humane individual.

babybarb 0

YDI, mouse traps are so inhumane.