Jerry wins again

By Trapped - 10/06/2009 08:13 - Australia

Today, I failed a basic intelligence test when the mouse trap I was setting up snapped on my thumb. Later, when I checked the trap I saw that the mouse had managed to lick all the bait off the trap without being caught, I have a sore thumb and was outsmarted by a rodent. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 294
You deserved it 14 155

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Now that the mouse has proven its intellectual supremacy, surrender your house and its belongings to your new furry overlords. YDI

Mice are smarter than you'd think. Use chunky peanut butter and wedge one of the chunks onto the bait plate so they have to tug a little. Or use those nasty sticky pads then put the full one in someone you don't like's mailbox. (I'm just kidding about the mailbox. That would be a Federal crime. Put it on their welcome mat instead)

Comments

ChasinParkedCars 0

Might want to go with a lighter trap, more easily sprung, but, yeah, they are NOT stupid critters. I think it would be NICE if he could set it free somewhere else, but, if I have to choose between mice ******** on my stuff and chewing up my books or a dead mouse....Yeah. Is it still horrible if I have a little mousy funeral so his folks and siblings can see him off? Since the poison will be in the food at the reception AFTER the funeral, they'll have nothing to fear at the burial.

cjwahhh has clearly never tried to catch a mouse and not kill it. I spent more than a week trying to do it humanely, then another week with a trap, then one day with the sticky mouse pads. As you can see, the best and most effective way was the sticky pads. It's how you kill the living mouse stuck to the pad that determines how humane you are...*evil grin*

maichido 0

You guys need to grow up. Yeah, mouse traps are cruel, really cruel. Seeing as I live with an animal activist, it's impossible to do anything. But mouse traps are time savers, who's gonna have time to chase around that freaking mouse? No one. Unless you have a hell lot of time on your hands, but wait, you still wouldn't. You're just gonna hurt yourself by crawling under tables and what not. It's never ending. Congrats if you find the mouse, what are you gonna do with it? Lemme guess, free him outside where he'll probably come back to your house. You get my point. Now, I know you can keep it or whatever, but killing it doesn't mean you're gonna go to hell. Killing is obviously awful for the mouse but helpful for you. Sometimes you /really/ have to put yourself in front of other's.

1 thing came 2 my mind when i read this r u blonde

Looks like Jerry out smarted you again Tom

YDI for using cruel mouse traps which kill the animal slowly and with a lot of suffering. You can buy humane traps and no you DON'T have to "run around trying to catch the mouse." Just buy humane traps, then release the mouse a couple miles away from your home on the way to work or the store. Boom, problem solved. It's what we did when we moved into a new home which had mice. It took about a week to catch the half dozen mice, and we've never had a problem since.

38, mouse traps snap the neck and spinal cord of the mouse, killing them instantly...similar to being hanged. Yes, every once in a while, the neck doesn't break, but that's not too common.

kearabo 0

YDI! I'm extremely happy this happened but unfortunately, your pain is nothing compared to a mouses. They feel to and it HURTS and KILLS them when you put up those horrible traps. There are set and release traps and it's easy to put a mouse far away from your home. And what I'm seeing in a lot of these comments is 'sticky paper'. That is absolutely one of the worst deaths ANYONE could face. Basically, your upstairs playing video games by yourself and having no life. And while this is happening a sweet mouse who is NOT guilty of anything because it's a mouse and it doesn't know better, is downstairs starving to death. Now, because everyone who is starving to death is desperatly attempting to live and eat, the mouse will try and chew its own feet and arms off. Even if it could get off like this, which it can't, it will die of blood loss. So yeah, you should go to hell jackass.

Here ya go, how to make a TOTALLY FREE humane trap. Click the link I put in the "website" part of my comment. Or just google "humane mouse trap" Just have to check it a few times a day (which you would do with any trap) and then release the mouse on the way to work or the store or whatever. please please consider humane traps.