Denial

By Unreciprocated - 25/02/2016 06:12 - Canada - Hamilton

Today, I said "I love you" to my girlfriend for the first time. She responded with, "I'm just gonna pretend I never heard that." FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 308
You deserved it 2 478

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Maybe she isn't ready for it. I know my parents weren't ready when I first said it to them.

Then you respond using that same line. And then she'll respond the same. And then you'll have a cyclic conversation that goes absolutely nowhere for the rest of your lives. You'll be practically married at that point.

Comments

I've been there before. I once dated a guy for three months before he sent me a text one day saying "Can we break up? I'm getting bored of this relationship." It just boggles my mind why a person would want to be in a relationship with someone they don't have feelings for. But I eventually found someone worth being with, and so will you. Good luck!

Presuming you've been dating/ have known each other for more than a month or three I'd say that's pretty bitchy of her to say. Even if she's not ready for that still should have said something not so hurtful/cold.

While watching a Star Wars marathon, I did the Ben Kenobi hand wave and said, 'You love me.' She responded with 'Your Jedi mind tricks won't work on me.' I guess it could always be worse.

I though you were going to say you just turned to her and said 'I know'

Sorry but I really dont understand calling some one boyfriend or girlfriend unless you love each other from the start. Otherwise you two are just friends with benefits or just friends. I have never dated or been in a relationship with some one I dont love.

Am I the only one who started every relationship with "I love you"? Can please someone explain me why you are in a relationship before love? That's an honest question, I can't imagine doing that and I don't know anyone who did that.

I've recently started a relationship with a guy. Nowhere near ready to say I love him, but we're together because there's that potential. And it's exciting getting to know each other. Maybe it won't be love, we'll see, but I know that potential could go somewhere. I'm happy to find out.

How could you possibly love someone without getting to know them first through having a relationship. Maybe you do the whole "heart on your sleeve" thing, but most people discover they're love for someone over the course of a relationship.

68, you get to know them as friends first. I knew my now-fiancee for three years before one of us finally got the guts to ask each other out. We're as much best friends as partners.

77 That's what I did every time. We were friends first, knew each other, fell in love. I couldn't imagine having a relationship with someone I don't know. But that's just for me. Thanks to 63 for explaining me your view.

aw Sorry OP hope at some point you both are on the same page

Find a new girlfriend op she clearly has no respect for your feelings

ezrajab 22

Damn sorry op that must be soo sad for you. Build up your courage and move on no sense in staying with someone who doesn't love you back. Best of luck to you.