Denial

By Unreciprocated - 25/02/2016 06:12 - Canada - Hamilton

Today, I said "I love you" to my girlfriend for the first time. She responded with, "I'm just gonna pretend I never heard that." FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 308
You deserved it 2 478

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Maybe she isn't ready for it. I know my parents weren't ready when I first said it to them.

Then you respond using that same line. And then she'll respond the same. And then you'll have a cyclic conversation that goes absolutely nowhere for the rest of your lives. You'll be practically married at that point.

Comments

RoseKaioh 9

Ouch. to be fair my boyfie said I love you for the first time at night time at the top of a Ferris wheel overlooking the harbour and I said "thankyou for telling me." It doesn't mean she doesn't love you it just means she isn't ready to say it. my boyfie and I have now been together for over 3 years.

ThreeSheets 14

she couldve just said im not ready to say those words to you yet and not what she responded with because im pretty sure you felt like shit afterwards and nobody likes to feel like shit ESPECIALLY when they put their heart out there for somebody. i am soo sorry that your gf didnt say the right thing to you.

GabbyPLluch88 13

let's be honest, it's time for you to walk away, all relationships are composed by two, two who are supposed to give and receive the same from each other

BreeStevens 4

I see a lot of comments of people saying "she doesn't deserve you" and various forms of that. I feel like this deserves more info, for all we know they could have just started dating after being set up. Granted the way she went about it was wrong, but I sure as hell wouldn't be saying it back to someone if we just got together.

Axel5238 29

Sorry to hear that, but it depends on how long you've been dating by a lot. Also what the person is looking for. You guys might be exclusive, but that is just that. I had an ex that originally, just wanted to do date after up and downs & her breaking up with me(but still wanting to date exclusive) I gave up and one night she made a random comment if i'd marry her. I thought about it and threw in the towel couldn't be with someone who's emotions go up and down so much.

BloodyGlass 10

Sorry you had to go through that OP. :(