Denial

By Unreciprocated - 25/02/2016 06:12 - Canada - Hamilton

Today, I said "I love you" to my girlfriend for the first time. She responded with, "I'm just gonna pretend I never heard that." FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 308
You deserved it 2 478

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Maybe she isn't ready for it. I know my parents weren't ready when I first said it to them.

Then you respond using that same line. And then she'll respond the same. And then you'll have a cyclic conversation that goes absolutely nowhere for the rest of your lives. You'll be practically married at that point.

Comments

Before completely painting OPs girlfriend as the villain, keep in mind that we don't know how long they've been dating, or any other details of the relationship. OP could have been after her for a number of months or years, and developed strong feelings for her BEFORE she developed any for him. She could just be behind him in that department. They could have different ideas of the type of relationship they have. She, much like the OP from that fml where she wanted to dump her bf but he ended up proposing, could be unhappy in the relationship and want out. There could be any number of reasons as to WHY she reacted like that, and suddenly calling her names, making her out to be evil, and wanting to burn her at the stake when we don't know anything isn't very cool. That being said though, the way she responded to your declaration was a dick move OP. Sorry about that bruh.

If she's unhappy, she needs to get out. That being said, I think it'd be funny if she weren't actually their girlfriend and OP was just a really dedicated stalker. Not funny for her, but it makes the comment section a work of art.

Atleast, I would not expect her to say "I love you" back. But, she could have at least said "Thank You". What she said was plain immature.

CheekyRaccoon 27

Not enough information. Girlfriend of 3 years, or 3 days? She's may be thinking, "My boyfriend of 3 weeks just told me loves me. FML".

What a bitch. Don't go in a relationship not ready for love. She's messed up OP.

need ops input here, more info requested. how long g have you been in the relationship. if it's only a short time then YDI. if it's been a long time as in minimum 6months then FYL.

She's not worth your time if she's gonna act like that. You can do better buddy.

bananassin 25

OP, I highly suggest you to find another person. Now.