Bad boy!

By Anonymous - 12/04/2009 02:39 - United States

Today, I dog-sat for my neighbors' pitbull. Weighing in at 100 pounds with a nasty bite, this dog is no lap dog, but I treated it as one - not knowing how deadly this dog could be - beckoning it towards me with my hand. I now have 6 stitches in my hand and arm, and the neighbors didn't pay me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 253
You deserved it 17 905

Same thing different taste

Top comments

KwitIt 0

You've got to be kidding me. They're not even paying your doctor's bills? If my dog bit someone, I'd bend over backwards to help that someone so that they wouldn't get my dog put to sleep. What jerks you have for neighbors!

SpunkT 0

#2. Not all pitbulls are vicious. Most people would assume a family pet is friendly. The neighbors should have warned that their dog is mean. A good owner will socialize the dog so that it's not afraid of strangers. And if you know your dog doesn't like certain things, like people motioning it to come over, you tell them. You should sue. Dogs that bite people get put down.

Comments

poison29 0

deugh, sorry, the punctuation in this just hurts me. and towards isn't a word.

I was originally going to post a comment for the OP, but after reading many of the other comments, I am truly disgusted! I'm so sick of everyone saying "pitbulls are bad dogs" etc. Many of the stories you hear about in the news aren't even really pitbulls, but are called such because of their characteristics: big head, cropped ears, colors, etc. All of you speaking badly about Pits: I challenge you to find the REAL Pitbull on the first try. I bet you fail. http://www.pitbullsontheweb.com/petbull/findpit.html

I was originally going to post a comment for the OP, but I am disgusted at the ignorance of some of the people who have commented about how "pits are". There are no "bad breeds" or "bad dogs", only bad owners who do not properly care for/train their dogs. I'm so sick of uneducated people saying how "pits are bad dogs" or "vicious", etc. Many of the news stories you see on Pitbulls attacks aren't even Pitbulls but other breeds entirely!! Many dog attacks are wrongly identified Pittbull attacks due to many breeds with similar characteristics: Big head, cropped ears, coloring, etc. For all of you bad-mouthing Pits, I challenge you to identify the ACTUAL Pitbull from these pictures on the first try: http://www.pitbullsontheweb.com/petbull/findpit.html I bet you fail!

(sorry my comment posted several times...)

I was originally going to post a comment for the OP, but I am disgusted at the ignorance of some of the people who have commented about how "pits are". There are no "bad breeds" or "bad dogs", only bad owners who do not properly care for/train their dogs. I'm so sick of uneducated people saying how "pits are bad dogs" or "vicious", etc. Many of the news stories you see on Pitbulls attacks aren't even Pitbulls but other breeds entirely!! Many dog attacks are wrongly identified Pittbull attacks due to many breeds with similar characteristics: Big head, cropped ears, coloring, etc. For all of you bad-mouthing Pits, I challenge you to identify the ACTUAL Pitbull from these pictures on the first try: http://www.pitbullsontheweb.com/petbull/findpit.html I bet you fail!

THIS_FML_SUCKS 0

I don't know what you expected. You walked into it knowing what the dog was like and what it was capable of. It's like someone poking themselves in the eye with a stick and claiming afterward they didn't know poking out your eye with a stick was going to be bad.

FreedomFirst 0

Sue them. I'm not kidding, and I don't believe in suing people overall. But they owe you your pay, and they should have to pay for your medical bills. Unless you advertised as someone qualified to work with dangerous dogs, this is totally on them and they need to learn their lesson. Take them to small claims court - you WILL win, trust me. I've seen this kind of think on the TV courtroom shows too many times. Get your medical bills together and head down to the courthouse. And for all the people talking about how they aren't that bad, guess what? Judges disagree with you.

collegekid12 0

hey dumb ass pits aren't bad dogs and its dumb fu*ks like you who give them a bad rap, as cliche as this is bad dogs are made by bad people no dog is inherently out to get people like some would have us think use your god damned brain

Ambahh737 0

I wouldn't pay you either! you were the one trying to get the dog to attack idiot.