Work husband

By Anonymous - 26/08/2013 15:16 - United States - Brooklyn

Today, a coworker told me she may be in love with me. I admitted similar feelings and we agreed, since we're both happily married, not to spend time together anymore. Two hours later we were both promoted to run the same project, where we'll be "working hand in glove for the next couple of years." FML
I agree, your life sucks 57 394
You deserved it 14 975

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Just remember hand in glove doesn't equal ring on finger.

State that there is a conflict of interest to your boss. You really don't want to put yourself in that position, OP, especially once you decide to be loyal to your spouse.

Comments

I applaud your morals and dedication to your spouse and family, and willingness to distance yourself to avoid temptation. Stay strong, and do your best to get through this. And if you have to find other work, it's better than losing your wife and family.

Here's a thought, go on double dates with your spouses, see if everyone gets along, then suggest a foursome. Everyone wins.

I've noticed through out the years while watching people I know getting divorced, most of them were looking for their 'youth'. Their children were taking a lot of their time, which took a lot of time away from their spouse. Both spouses felt old and taken advantage of. Instead of fixing the marriage, they went outside the marriage to feel young and wanted again...saying they were "in love". But then once they left the marriage, they were single...and alone. Most are not as happy. Even with the people they ended up with. Never truly fixed the real problem in the first place.

Wow you sound really immature, one can only "cheat" if they break the rules of the relationship set down by the people IN the relationship. You cannot make the rules of a relationship for someone else relationship, it's none of your business. If two people decide they are ok with the other sleeping with someone else then that's not cheating if one of them sleeps with someone other than their significant other, and you can't say it's otherwise. If you think falling in love with someone else is cheating in your relationship, well that's your purgative although I'd say you were being harsh and unsympathetic, but it'd be your relationship and your decision.

FlawlessSin 5

My advice? Look at your partner and think about if you love them or not, if it's no, then continuing the relationship will only hurt both you and your partner.

poor_gurll1198 17

Who would make you most happy?

truepanda 2

thats messed up dude. u better be careful or you can end up being THAT guy.

muffinkitty 15

As people have already pointed out, obviously you're not happily married. If you're not happy don't cheat. Leave.

bandeek 30

When did he say he was cheating? He tried to avoid any temptation to cheat by avoiding the co worker. But now he's stuck working with her. I believe that both of them will make the right choices and not cheat. The right choices don't include leaving their spouses.

You may think your happily married but if you have strong feelings for someone else then you may not be as happy as you thought you were.