Work husband

By Anonymous - 26/08/2013 15:16 - United States - Brooklyn

Today, a coworker told me she may be in love with me. I admitted similar feelings and we agreed, since we're both happily married, not to spend time together anymore. Two hours later we were both promoted to run the same project, where we'll be "working hand in glove for the next couple of years." FML
I agree, your life sucks 57 394
You deserved it 14 975

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Just remember hand in glove doesn't equal ring on finger.

State that there is a conflict of interest to your boss. You really don't want to put yourself in that position, OP, especially once you decide to be loyal to your spouse.

Comments

Maybe the four of you can go out to dinner and do a "Bob and Carol and Ted and Alice".

First of all thank you for being responsible enough to try and keep the distance. Secondly, as many others here, I think you should talk to your SOs about it and be honest with them. And about the work thing, talk to your boss (together) and tell him there is a personal conflict.

Obey_StudBoii 23

If it's meant to be it's meant to be, and in your situation you two are meant for each other.

guci101 14

Maybe you could explain the situation to your boss and work something out as far as not working together.

You found the right person and you married her. Getting married wont stop you falling in love with someone else. It may remind you of the reasons you got married and what marriage means to you. You all (worker, partners) sound like lovely people, you and coworker have assessed the situation and dealt with it. You may want to talk about your great partners and all try and be friends or try and find a way to keep your distance. I wish you all the best in this hard situation.

All I can say is don't divorce the wifey right away (as some people are saying). I've seen couples almost separate for other people, but then decide to work it out and all ended well. There are also situations where one person leaves their SO, has their couple years of fun with the new person, then seriously regrets it when the sparkles of the new relationship are over. If you think not separating with your wife will end with you cheating on her, then go right on ahead and divorce before it comes to that. But I seriously think you should try to work things out with her.

By the sounds of it you've fallen out of love with your wife, otherwise this wouldn't have happened. You need to talk to her and work on making your marriage romantic again and bring back the feelings you once had for your wife. I salute you for dealing with the situation and not cheating on her. Even if your reasoning seems to be that to cheat is so darn tempting that you have to lock yourself away from your co-worker.

clue_me_in 20

I feel sorry for the people you and your co-worker are married to, OP. How did you two get that close that you fell in love with each other? If someone can honestly explain it to me, then please do.

At least you're remaining faithful to your wife, however painful itay be. I hope you can pull through without cheating. I really do. Best wishes, and here's to hoping I do not get downvoted for this.

alluringtatas 7

Instead if turning to FML you need to TALK TO YOUR WIFE. Now. Today. DON'T cheat. A job is not worth it. Find a new job. Don't hurt your wife.