Victim blaming

By whatjusthappened - 06/09/2013 00:46 - United States - Loveland

Spicy
Today, I was asked by my neighbor to stop jogging in our neighborhood because he keeps catching his son whacking off while watching me. His son is 28 years-old and still lives at home. I'm 18. FML
I agree, your life sucks 64 817
You deserved it 4 661

Same thing different taste

Top comments

flashback.miss 28

What?! Tell your neighbor that if his son acts like a perverted voyeur then he needs to keep an eye on him. Who does that father think he is telling someone they can't jog in their own neighbourhood?

Judging by how his dad handles situations like this, can't say I'm surprised.

Comments

Wizardo 33

1. His son has no finesse 2. He seriously needs to sort his life out 3. You probably could get an officer to give him a warning as a deterrent at least, maybe that will work.

Officer? For whacking off in your own house? Hell, if that was a crime, I'd be doing life with no parole by now!

But the fact that the son is jacking off to watching OP could be reason enough. This wouldn't be the first time an officer was called for this.

No. Its Not. The son is within his rights.

Wizardo 33

Yes he is within his rights as he is in his own house, however he's jacking off to OP and now she knows and if she feels uncomfortable about it she's within her rights to tell an officer, not to arrest him but maybe to cite him. That's all.

Llama_Face89 33

Dudes doing nothing wrong in the eyes of the law. There's nothing OP can do legally short if a restraining order.

What is wrong with you OP, jogging in your own neighborhood making all the liitle 28 year old kids who live with their parents jack off. Shame on you.

Today, my son jacked off to a girl running down the street. Even though I demanded she stop, she won't and she thinks I'm in the wrong. FML

What a creep ... actually two creeps. The dad is a creep too, for making his sons obsession your problem. You are supposed to be able to run around freely doing your thing and not have to worry about assholes whacking off watching you. Talk to the police and or a counsellor for sexual harassment. This sounds like a stalking/rape case in the making.

16- You know, it doesn't sound like the father's really all that creepy to me. I kinda got this visual of a guy at his wit's end about what to do with his deeply disturbed son that he keeps finding masturbating to anything even remotely female, and in desperation, wants to remove the temptation before anything Could happen to her. He could just be looking out for her safety, if not dignity, in a way. :p

#20, I agree. The father is probably embarrassed. The son is within legal rights. The father doesnt want it to escalate, so he does the most logical and embarrassing thing, admit the son is a creeper. Infork the person he is spying on and hope they change their route. US law is kinda stupid in the way that there is no way to prevent dievant behavior until after they have hurt someone.

Avenueoftrees 15

Why would he tell you what his son is doing? You have some creepy neighbours!

to hope Op changes the route so the behavior doesnt turn violent.

Wow your neighbor had some serious issues if he seriously thinks that this is in any way your fault smh what an idiot.

What a perverted kid your neighbour has- Wha? He's 28? ... ... ... What a perverted kid your neighbour has.

FYL OP! It must be terrible to have people find you attractive!

So you would be flattered if some guy was secretly spanking the monkey to the sight of you in some spandex? Kudos to you, it's hard finding positives in bad situations. Most people would find that pretty ******* creepy!

You don't know how many times I had to read this because I thought OP was a guy

OP could be. There is no gender symbol at the top of the page. Personally, I also imagined him as a guy. Makes it funnier.

Trooper665 4

Yup, guy has issues. Great parentin' too, blame someone else for his actions instead of correctin' his 28-year old ass. Continue to run.

RedPillSucks 31

The parent is not blaming OP, simply making OP aware of the situation so that if she (he?) chooses to and is creeped out, she would take a different/safer route.